+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Applications after Bill C-6

searing_heat

Jun 8, 2013
Not directed at anyone but in as much as this forum is helpful. Also use your initiatives. If you want to include or do thi

Yes. Simply put, for example. I am going to morroco and i went through seattle then atlanta then egypt then morrocco. They dont have business with all countries in between except you got off the plane and airport got outside walked into town and did some minor shopping and came back to the airport to board a flight . Your final destination most likely always has the final stamp. Your final destination is your destination.
Understand the point and I do agree. However, to me, the first visited country (i.e. Destination as per the text and requirement on the form) would be where you exist an airport to have an official entry stamp. At that time, you will have a stamp on your passport + record in the system that you entered the country. I do agree that if you are just transiting through airport where you don't leave airport you don't need to mention it.

Example: If you ever took connecting flight out of US, you would most likely need to enter US and then exit again. If I only mention my final destination as country X, it wont match with the date and destination mentioned on the form (request your US travel history through US border services and you will see what I'm referring to).

Just my opinion and could be wrong. I listed all details in my app (luckily I remembered the details :p)

At the end of the day, I think this won't have much impact. Its more about what can you do to avoid delays and make your data consistent with what they may get from agencies.

Viva2014

Jun 10, 2014
Hello,
I have 2 questions:
1) for the taxation years, should we start from 2017 going to 2013 or from 2016 to 2012? I know we haven’t filed for 2017 but it says for the past 5 years.
2) question 9: For the period before PR, I was a student. For the start staus date, should I select the first day of eligibility period or actual study permit issue date? For the time the status ends, should I use the day exactly before landing or the day of landing?

Thank you in advance.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Hi, I recently took CELPIP exam and I did get the scores online. I don't have the official transcript in hand yet. Has anybody applied with the online test scores? does anyone know if they accept online score or official transcript only?
Personally, I won't send online scores.

Reactions: stuapp

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Hello,
I have 2 questions:
1) for the taxation years, should we start from 2017 going to 2013 or from 2016 to 2012? I know we haven’t filed for 2017 but it says for the past 5 years.
2) question 9: For the period before PR, I was a student. For the start staus date, should I select the first day of eligibility period or actual study permit issue date? For the time the status ends, should I use the day exactly before landing or the day of landing?

Thank you in advance.
1) start at 2016
2) if you mean on the calculator, then yes that's what I did. I put the start date the same as the eligibilty start date, and end as the day before I became PR. I initially set the start date the same as on my work permit, however got a warning message saying that part of my date is outside the eligibility or something along those lines.

Given they only care about the eligibility period, I think it's fine.

Reactions: Viva2014

ibry

Jul 25, 2010
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Understand the point and I do agree. However, to me, the first visited country (i.e. Destination as per the text and requirement on the form) would be where you exist an airport to have an official entry stamp. At that time, you will have a stamp on your passport + record in the system that you entered the country. I do agree that if you are just transiting through airport where you don't leave airport you don't need to mention it.

Example: If you ever took connecting flight out of US, you would most likely need to enter US and then exit again. If I only mention my final destination as country X, it wont match with the date and destination mentioned on the form (request your US travel history through US border services and you will see what I'm referring to).

Just my opinion and could be wrong. I listed all details in my app (luckily I remembered the details :p)

At the end of the day, I think this won't have much impact. Its more about what can you do to avoid delays and make your data consistent with what they may get from agencies.

When it comes to US that i dunno. They treat you like you are visiting even if you are transiting

RanRan

Star Member
Mar 9, 2017
Hello,
I have a small question.
Did you live outside Canada..... I put NO as I traveled only for one week. But then I listed my address and country during that week.
Is this a contradiction? should I write YES (I lived outside Canada. Hope to hear from experts as I am determined to finalize this tonight:). Thanks

searing_heat

Jun 8, 2013
Hello,
I have a small question.
Did you live outside Canada..... I put NO as I traveled only for one week. But then I listed my address and country during that week.
Is this a contradiction? should I write YES (I lived outside Canada. Hope to hear from experts as I am determined to finalize this tonight:). Thanks
This seems to be another one of those 'divided opinion' question on here :)

My take is that 'live' is where you actually started living and changed your address in a way. If you are primarily living in Canada and visit other countries for few weeks, it is still vacation and not 'living'. I put NO to this question as I did travel a lot over last 5 years, but didn't really live there.

ibry

Jul 25, 2010
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Hello,
I have a small question.
I dont think you want to put anything that shows you are more interested outside canada than in. Its just a week. I wouldnot even if it was more

Viva2014

Jun 10, 2014
1) start at 2016
2) if you mean on the calculator, then yes that's what I did. I put the start date the same as the eligibilty start date, and end as the day before I became PR. I initially set the start date the same as on my work permit, however got a warning message saying that part of my date is outside the eligibility or something along those lines.

Given they only care about the eligibility period, I think it's fine.

Thank you for your reply. 2) it is actually the question in both calculator and the application form itself ( i think section/question 9 of the application form). I wanted to know which date we should use as the starting date of that temporary status( student in my case) on the application form? Should we use starting date of eligibility period ( same as the one we did on the calculator) or the actual issuance date of the study permit ( which is before the start of eligibility period).

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Thank you for your reply. 2) it is actually the question in both calculator and the application form itself ( i think section/question 9 of the application form). I wanted to know which date we should use as the starting date of that temporary status( student in my case) on the application form? Should we use starting date of eligibility period ( same as the one we did on the calculator) or the actual issuance date of the study permit ( which is before the start of eligibility period).
On the application form, I put the actual start date because it asks for the date when your status was obtained.

Whereas, on the calculator it said "Please only list the periods of time you had authorized temporary resident or protected person status in Canada and the type of status you had between <A> and <B>, where A is the start of your eligibility period, and B is day before you landed as a PR.

RanRan

Star Member
Mar 9, 2017
This seems to be another one of those 'divided opinion' question on here :)

My take is that 'live' is where you actually started living and changed your address in a way. If you are primarily living in Canada and visit other countries for few weeks, it is still vacation and not 'living'. I put NO to this question as I did travel a lot over last 5 years, but didn't really live there.
Thank you, the problem is when you go to the form of reside outside Canada, they include vacation/ rest/ business
"
  1. Provide details of your residence outside Canada during the relevant period immediately before the date of your application. Include trips outside of the country (or countries) of residence and if the purpose was for your work (e.g., business trip, official leave/rest and relaxation) or for purposes other than for your work (e.g., vacation).

RanRan

Star Member
Mar 9, 2017
I dont think you want to put anything that shows you are more interested outside canada than in. Its just a week. I wouldnot even if it was more
thank you, but then in the calculation they see that I travelled. I am afraid they only use one side of their brain and they get easily confused!!

Viva2014

Jun 10, 2014
On the application form, I put the actual start date because it asks for the date when your status was obtained.

Whereas, on the calculator it said "Please only list the periods of time you had authorized temporary resident or protected person status in Canada and the type of status you had between <A> and <B>, where A is the start of your eligibility period, and B is day before you landed as a PR.
1) Thanks a lot for your quick reply. And how about the date the status expired? I believe it should still be one day before becoming PR. Right?
2) May I know for study/ work experience and home address if we need to go beyond the eligibility period and put the actual starting date or starting from eligibility period would suffice?
Thanks a lot again.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
1) Thanks a lot for your quick reply. And how about the date the status expired? I believe it should still be one day before becoming PR. Right?
2) May I know for study/ work experience and home address if we need to go beyond the eligibility period and put the actual starting date or starting from eligibility period would suffice?
Thanks a lot again.
1) Correct. That's what I put
2) I put starting from eligibility period, because as I mentioned in an earlier post it was showing some kind of warning that part of the date is outside the eligibility period when I put the actual start date. And the calc says "Please only list the periods of time you had authorized temporary resident or protected person status in Canada and the type of status you had between <A> and <B>"

where A is the start of your eligibility period, and B is day before you landed as a PR.