+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Applications after Bill C-6

ibry

Jul 25, 2010
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
For those of you printing your physical presence calculator tonight and sending it tomorrow with your application.

DONT FORGET TO SIGN.

i know someone who sent his on this forum and it was returned because he forgot to sign.

light88

Star Member
Jul 14, 2014
What would you say on that folks? Do you have one photo stamped or both?
Both of my photos were stamped. What I know however is that applications don't get returned even if your missing photos altogether. You will simply be asked to send them once your application is being processed.

Reactions: Varangian

Gillani

Star Member
Oct 25, 2010
Yes Bio page for last 5 years travel docs.

This is current for 4/6 rule

3. Biographical page of passport(s)/travel document(s)
The biographical page means the page that has your name, photo, passport/travel document number, issue date and expiration date.
Provide photocopies of the biographical pages of all passports and/or travel documents (valid and cancelled) for the six (6) year period immediately before the date of your application, or since you became a permanent resident, whichever is more recent.

From tomorrow should be 5 yrs in 3/5
Thanks Sukhi i will send my application tommorow

light88

Star Member
Jul 14, 2014
Thanks for the nice words, but no, I'm not a citizen yet. Due to longer vacations, I won't be eligible to apply until January. So I have the "luxury" of not having to decide if I should apply now or in a bit.

So you all better don't clog my pipeline, yo! :)

Jokes aside, if I were eligible right now, this is what I would do:
  • Download the NEW forms and the NEW guide on Oct 11
  • Carefully read all the instructions to check what has changed and what hasn't
  • Fill out the NEW residency calculator
  • Fill the forms
  • Sleep over it for several nights, then look at it again (Because for me that's the only way how I find mistakes when filling forms)
  • Sleep over it again
  • Check again that everything is in order
  • Then send it off, probably in about a week or so

When I applied for PR, I filled out all forms in one day and send off my application. Had no issues and received my PR in a timely manner.
I think many of us over think this.

Immigration officials already have all our information accessible to them. Order processing means confirming information between the application copy and what officials already have in the database.

That bring said, applications do get returned if not signed or if important info is missing

Kamran2015

Star Member
Feb 9, 2015
a question on filling the addresses and activities section of the application: should we worry when there is a 2 or 3 day gap between arriving from Canada and abroad? Like for example I exited Canada on 1st of Jan 2014 and arrived on 4th of Jan 2014. In between there is a 3 day gap both in the addresses and work history. I dont want this to be the reason for the application being returned.

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
a question on filling the addresses and activities section of the application: should we worry when there is a 2 or 3 day gap between arriving from Canada and abroad? Like for example I exited Canada on 1st of Jan 2014 and arrived on 4th of Jan 2014. In between there is a 3 day gap both in the addresses and work history. I dont want this to be the reason for the application being returned.
Avoid gaps. Put "unemployed" and provide a valid address if possible.

Ukrainiandude

Star Member
Oct 9, 2017
Both of my photos were stamped. What I know however is that applications don't get returned even if your missing photos altogether. You will simply be asked to send them once your application is being processed.
If I don't include payments receipt can I send it later once application being processed?
I need time to accumulate money.
PS no hokey for the kids this year, thanks JustinTrudeau.