+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Applications after Bill C-6

ibry

Jul 25, 2010
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
HI everyone i have a question.if anyone can answer me it will really appreciated .i think when sending application for citizenship we also have to include copy of our home country passport what if that passport is expired can we still send copy or we have to renew our passport.Thanks
When did it expire?

sukhi7

Star Member
Nov 6, 2016
Yes, we do. lol

I have got 4 yrs prior to becoming PR = 1 yr pre-credit.
I have got 4 yrs & 4 months post PR.
Total = 5 yrs & 4 months
As such, I will apply at 8am tommorrow MST. LOL
No rush guys. LMFAO.
Why you waiting for 3/5 , you should have applied in 4/6. You are in no rush as you say.

ibry

Jul 25, 2010
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
it expired in sep-17
If you must apply ill send that in and a letter stating why you cannot provide a new one since you are renewing.

Looking for a clause like that on instruction guide. Brb

MarceauBletard

Aug 12, 2016
Montréal, Québec
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Montréal, Québec
LANDED..........
18-05-2011 WHP
"You must be eligible for citizenship the day before you sign the application."

Does this mean we have to apply on October 12th or if we had enough days, October 11th is enough... :eek:o_O

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
"You must be eligible for citizenship the day before you sign the application."

Does this mean we have to apply on October 12th or if we had enough days, October 11th is enough... :eek:o_O
This has been discussed at length on this forum ever since the announcement about Oct 11. I and several others believe that it means you must have satisfied the eligibility criteria under the new rules (C6) on Oct 10th, which makes you eligible to apply on 11th. Anyone who completes 3/5 years in Canada *ON* October 11th needs to wait one more day and apply on Oct 12th.

Basically, the day you apply (sign) cannot count as 1 day of physical presence towards 1095 days. That being said, no harm in waiting and applying on Oct 12th to be perfectly safe.

Last edited:
Reactions: MarceauBletard

MarceauBletard

Aug 12, 2016
Montréal, Québec
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Montréal, Québec
LANDED..........
18-05-2011 WHP
This has been discussed at length on this forum ever since the announcement about Oct 11. I and several others believe that it means you must have satisfied the eligibility criteria under the new rules (C6) on Oct 10th, which makes you eligible to apply on 11th. Anyone who completes 3/5 years in Canada *ON* October 11th needs to wait one more day and apply on Oct 12th.

Basically, the day you apply (sign) cannot count as 1 day of physical presence towards 1095 days. That being said, no harm in waiting and applying on Oct 12th to be perfectly safe.
Oh THAT'S why some people wanted to apply on October 12th! I thought that was silly, but NOW I get it!
Very detailed explanation, MANY THANKS!

sukhi7

Star Member
Nov 6, 2016
Sir my question was is copy of expired passport acceptable by cic for citizenship application
Yes Bio page for last 5 years travel docs.

This is current for 4/6 rule

3. Biographical page of passport(s)/travel document(s)
The biographical page means the page that has your name, photo, passport/travel document number, issue date and expiration date.
Provide photocopies of the biographical pages of all passports and/or travel documents (valid and cancelled) for the six (6) year period immediately before the date of your application, or since you became a permanent resident, whichever is more recent.

From tomorrow should be 5 yrs in 3/5

sukhi7

Star Member
Nov 6, 2016

Seems CIC announced 11th as he was completing 3yrs exactly:):):)

RanRan

Star Member
Mar 9, 2017
Reminders…
Make sure to use the Document Checklist and include it with your application.

Here are some reminders to avoid your application being returned to you:

• You must be eligible for citizenship the day before you sign the application.
  • You have answered all questions on the form or wrote “N/A” (Not applicable) for any question or section that is not applicable to you.
  • You have signed and dated the form. Make sure before you send it that it is not stale-dated (dated more than 90 days before IRCC receives it) or post-dated (dated into the future).
  • You have included photocopies of your immigrant documents: Record of Landing (IMM 1000) or Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM 5292 or IMM 5688) and both sides of the Permanent Resident Card if you have one.
  • You have included photocopies of additional documents (if applicable) such as: Language proof; biographical and renewal pages of passports and/or travel documents; court documents.
  • You have included original police certificates for each country other than Canada in which you were present for at least 183 days or more in the past four (4) years.
  • You have included photocopies of both sides of two (2) pieces of personal identification, one of which must have your photo on it.
  • You have included two (2) photos according to the citizenship application photograph specifications.
  • You have included proof of payment and exact fees.
  • You have included original translation and an affidavit by the translator for any documents that are not in English or French.
  • If you answered yes to question 6L, you have included the Residence outside Canada form (CIT 0177).
  • If you have appointed someone to act as your representative, you have included the Use of a Representative Form (IMM 5476).
From the current Guide: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/CIT0002ETOC.asp#CIT0002E4
Thank you, this is a good list.
So, if I lived in Canada since 2012, should I submit a police certificate? I am sure several people asked but I missed that. Thanks