+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Applications after Bill C-6

ibry

Jul 25, 2010
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
We apologize for ongoing technical difficulties with our forms. We are working to fix the problem and will provide an update once available.

IRCC latest tweet
Oh i see thanks. I was submitting next week anyways. I hope it is fixed before then...

migrant-seeker

Star Member
May 21, 2012
May I ask one question please? I was filling out the application form for minor (my son) although that it is still not printing and I found a question in section (8) child's parents
item (C)if parents are Canadian so I put no
then item D is asking for proof of citizenship for parents which actually we do not have because we are still not Canadian yet so shall I just leave it blank or write there not applicable?

Najimi

Star Member
Aug 16, 2017
May I ask one question please? I was filling out the application form for minor (my son) although that it is still not printing and I found a question in section (8) child's parents
item (C)if parents are Canadian so I put no
then item D is asking for proof of citizenship for parents which actually we do not have because we are still not Canadian yet so shall I just leave it blank or write there not applicable?
N/A will be good to mention

Canaussie7

Jun 16, 2017
Q11 regarding employment, I have had two maternity leave period (under EI so still technically employed): do I list the maternity leave seperate to my employment?

migrant-seeker

Star Member
May 21, 2012
Thank you. one more question please
I checked the new application form for adults and I did not find any mentioning about writing the list of my children? have they removed it in the new application? do I still need to provide the information about my kids anyway?
They are also not asking if any of my kids is at school age and if we have any school records? Am I missing something here or the requirements have changed?

quecumquevera

Jan 29, 2015
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-07-2014
AOR Received.
12-09-2014
Med's Request
20-03-2015
Med's Done....
25-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
19-06-2015
LANDED..........
23-06-2015
Hey guys,

In terms of sending copies of Passports and Travel documents. I am sending copies of two passports out of three since the third one was from before 2012-10-11. For travel documents, I'm also including copies of Study permits from 2012-10-11 onward.

So the things I have from before 2012-10-11 include another canadian study permit, a UK study visa and a UAE resident visa as well as the third (oldest) passport I mentioned. Is it safe to leave these out and not send them any copies for these? even though ive mentioned them in the "what immigration/citizenships/statuses have you ever held before".

Will appreciate someones input on this..

Thanks!
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/questions-answers-by-topic.asp?top=22
"a work permit isn’t a travel document."
"a study permit isn’t a travel document."

Reactions: 5hr3wd

CANADIANZ

Mar 30, 2017
Thank you. one more question please
I checked the new application form for adults and I did not find any mentioning about writing the list of my children? have they removed it in the new application? do I still need to provide the information about my kids anyway?
They are also not asking if any of my kids is at school age and if we have any school records? Am I missing something here or the requirements have changed?
They are not asking, its not required, you do not need to send any of this info. No you are not missing anything.. forms and guide have been changed. :)

MarceauBletard

Aug 12, 2016
Montréal, Québec
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Montréal, Québec
LANDED..........
18-05-2011 WHP
Does anyone know if the time spent as "implied status" while waiting for a renewal of a work permit (after the last work permit has expired) must be counted as residency time towards the 3/5?

oceanidmiao

Star Member
Oct 4, 2017
Hey guys,

In terms of sending copies of Passports and Travel documents. I am sending copies of two passports out of three since the third one was from before 2012-10-11. For travel documents, I'm also including copies of Study permits from 2012-10-11 onward.

So the things I have from before 2012-10-11 include another canadian study permit, a UK study visa and a UAE resident visa as well as the third (oldest) passport I mentioned. Is it safe to leave these out and not send them any copies for these? even though ive mentioned them in the "what immigration/citizenships/statuses have you ever held before".

Will appreciate someones input on this..

Thanks!
Why you still have the study permit? When landing, they took away my study permit.

5hr3wd

Jul 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville --> CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
15-August-2013
Med's Done....
05-June-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 09-July-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 09-July-2014
LANDED..........
15-August-2014
Why you still have the study permit? When landing, they took away my study permit.
I think sometimes they take it away, sometimes they don't. Depends on the immigration officer at that time.

gogogadget

Aug 12, 2014
For section "Status" Vistor, Temp. Worker, etc"; I had a period of time where technical I didn't have status. The reason for this is I applied for PR before the expiration of my current Work Permit at the time. Then this work period expired. Because of this I fell under the "Immigration and Refugee Protection Act". About 1 year of waiting, they gave me a new Work Permit to allow for the period of time it would take for me to wait for my PR interview... Therefore , for this period of time; do I put "Protected Person" then the periods? Thanks in advance for your help.

CANADIANZ

Mar 30, 2017
"I applaud technical competency of @IRCC No doubt why dumb folks love to work for Govt. No work,Great Pay,Amazing Pensions, Zero Productivity"

Nice comment on twitter. Lol.

umairfood1

Aug 25, 2013
Bi
Oh i see thanks. I was submitting next week anyways. I hope it is fixed before then...
t are they revising the form print issue or definition of eligibility period as well. I mean do we still need to get police certificate for the period before we become permanent resident the 4 year issue

samm2

Star Member
Oct 23, 2013
1) Do I have to mention anywhere in the form that I have visited other countries for a week or 2 days or 2 weeks for vacations?

2) Online Calculator is not working when I click start calculation, Is it for everyone or due to high load?

3) How long is the processing time for citizenship applications?