05-June-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 09-July-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 09-July-2014
LANDED..........
15-August-2014
Hello everyone,

In the calculation for the Pre-PR, I just entered the start date as 2012-10-10 which is what they said they need the information to be from (past 5 years), even though my study permit was issued before that.

My second study permit (extension) was overlapping the first one by a month. However I just entered the full range of the first one and used the day after it's expiry as the start of the second study permit. Is this the correct way? or do we actually use the issue date and expiry date of the document itself and not worry about the dates overlapping?

Also, I had two months of implied status between my last temporary visa and my receiving my PR status. I left that out from the Pre-PR calculation assuming it wouldn't count since non of the document covers those two months even though i had implied status. Am I correct to leave those two months out of the Pre-PR calculation?

Thank you in advance.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Hello everyone,

In the calculation for the Pre-PR, I just entered the start date as 2012-10-10 which is what they said they need the information to be from (past 5 years), even though my study permit was issued before that.

My second study permit (extension) was overlapping the first one by a month. However I just entered the full range of the first one and used the day after it's expiry as the start of the second study permit. Is this the correct way? or do we actually use the issue date and expiry date of the document itself and not worry about the dates overlapping?

Also, I had two months of implied status between my last temporary visa and my receiving my PR status. I left that out from the Pre-PR calculation assuming it wouldn't count since non of the document covers those two months even though i had implied status. Am I correct to leave those two months out of the Pre-PR calculation?

Thank you in advance.
The validity periods of your study permit are irrelevant. Simply put the dates while you were legally in Canada a student as one single time period. Do not report two separate periods just because your document got renewed. Also, do NOT put the expiry date of the study permit as the end date. Instead you need to provide the actual date when you ceased to be an international student in Canada, either because you left Canada or because you became a PR.

You were in Canada as an international student from X to Y, it doesn't matter if you received one, two or fifty study permits during that time just as long as you always had valid status.

With implied status you had actual status. That is what implied status is about. You were a student during that time. At least that is how I understand it.

Reactions: 5hr3wd

migrant-seeker

Star Member
May 21, 2012
sorry one more question regarding residency calculator. we did NOT leave Canada at all since we came on a work permit. we left only once to do our landing through USA border, we did not have an entry visa to USA so we crossed the border and received a rejection letter and then turn back to Canada todo our PR landing. it took only one hour!
What should we enter into the calculator? date of leaving is the same as date of return? shall I add an explanation letter?

5hr3wd

Jul 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville --> CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
15-August-2013
Med's Done....
05-June-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 09-July-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 09-July-2014
LANDED..........
15-August-2014
The validity periods of your study permit are irrelevant. Simply put the dates while you were legally in Canada a student as one single time period. Do not report two separate periods just because your document got renewed. Also, do NOT put the expiry date of the study permit as the end date. Instead you need to provide the actual date when you ceased to be an international student in Canada, either because you left Canada or because you became a PR.

You were in Canada as an international student from X to Y, it doesn't matter if you received one, two or fifty study permits during that time just as long as you always had valid status.

With implied status you had actual status. That is what implied status is about. You were a student during that time. At least that is how I understand it.
Got it. Thanks Spyfy!