+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Applications after Bill C-6

Al-Rose

Feb 27, 2010
Hi
Please, update my timeline! I passed the test in Scarborough on June 20th and got my status changed to Decision Made on July 6th.
Thanks

ARayaba

Jul 18, 2014
I sent my application in April and it was received on May 3. And I have not received AOR yet. It has been over 63 days. How long should I wait before I give up and send another application? Also, if I send another one, hopefully, I will not have to pay fees again since I am assuming they have not even opened to process it. Any suggestions?

Skm17

Dec 11, 2017
Hi I got the test invitation on July 06 to appear for test on August 08 from Windsor SKM17 December sheet line 59 but ecas status does not change. Do I need to take my kids to test center as they also applied

HLR

Champion Member
May 28, 2013
Hi I got the test invitation on July 06 to appear for test on August 08 from Windsor SKM17 December sheet line 59 but ecas status does not change. Do I need to take my kids to test center as they also applied
Congrats, updated the sheet

Sallybe1

Apr 11, 2018
Vancouver applicants whose application was received in February 2018, has anyone received their test invite yet? According to the spreadsheet, only one person has but I don't know if it is updated. Not sure why it is taking so long.

Monmon24

Star Member
Oct 10, 2017
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
25-10-2017
AOR Received.
08-12-2017
9 Months now since I applied in Mississauga .. No Test no Interview yet .. I Ordered GCSM notes on April and had finger prints done and Called them in March to confirm its arrival .. But still no reply .. What should I do more ? any ideas should I call again ? :confused:o_O

ARayaba

Jul 18, 2014
9 Months now since I applied in Mississauga .. No Test no Interview yet .. I Ordered GCSM notes on April and had finger prints done and Called them in March to confirm its arrival .. But still no reply .. What should I do more ? any ideas should I call again ? :confused:o_O
If they requested fingerprints, that means they are doing a background check which takes time. So you will have to wait until the background check is complete. Nobody knows what the background check entails. But if it's more than just a criminal background check, it will take time. When were the fingerprints submitted?

Reactions: Monmon24

josie2017

Jul 9, 2018
Langley BC
I called last Friday, they told me my case in Surrey, there is nothing I can do but waiting , nothing wrong with my application, it's been eight months, still no test invite

Monmon24

Star Member
Oct 10, 2017
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
25-10-2017
AOR Received.
08-12-2017
If they requested fingerprints, that means they are doing a background check which takes time. So you will have to wait until the background check is complete. Nobody knows what the background check entails. But if it's more than just a criminal background check, it will take time. When were the fingerprints submitted?
I finished my finger prints in February 2018 and called back in March to make sure the clearance arrived in File and they confirmed it was finished and arrived back in File .. I ordered GCMS notes and the notes show that my file is back from federal office to my local office in March 2018 .. so its been in my local office for 4 months now .. is that normal 4 months background check ? .. the notes says the criminal check is ok and in file

Last edited: