+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Applications after Bill C-6

honey_ca

Star Member
Jun 23, 2012
Hi everyone as I’ve mentioned my test will be on February 27, and will take my oath of citizenship in the afternoon, same day if I pass the exam.

My question will be, Me & my daughter booked a trip over 6 months ago. Leaving on March 23. Exam is February 27, time wise might be tight.

Does anyone have the same scenario? Do I need to inform an office about the trip prior of the exam or after?

Thanks

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hi everyone as I’ve mentioned my test will be on February 27, and will take my oath of citizenship in the afternoon, same day if I pass the exam.

My question will be, Me & my daughter booked a trip over 6 months ago. Leaving on March 23. Exam is February 27, time wise might be tight.

Does anyone have the same scenario? Do I need to inform an office about the trip prior of the exam or after?

Thanks
It's not an issue. You'll be able to ask for a passport few days after your exam. You can request an express processing for 50$.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/urgent-emergency-passport.html

Seen12

Star Member
Feb 16, 2017
Hey guys

Please update, my application is In Process today feb 03.
Also I did a mistake, my application was received oct 18 not 17.

Thx and good luck to y’all

ahass

Nov 6, 2013
Hi, I am looking for some advice. We applied as a family (1 adult 2 minors) and it was received by CIC on 28th December. However, I just realized that for the first part of question 11 (where you are supposed to check yes/no for the activities you have been doing during the eligibility period) I only checked yes to the one relevant item ("I was unemployed, a homemaker or retired")..I forgot to check no to all others. Nevertheless I did enter all the information in the table with no missing dates and clearly stated that I was a homemaker in the "occupation" column. Do you think this could be a cause for them to return the application? Is there anything I can do now to fix it? Thanks a lot in advance!

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Hi, I am looking for some advice. We applied as a family (1 adult 2 minors) and it was received by CIC on 28th December. However, I just realized that for the first part of question 11 (where you are supposed to check yes/no for the activities you have been doing during the eligibility period) I only checked yes to the one relevant item ("I was unemployed, a homemaker or retired")..I forgot to check no to all others. Nevertheless I did enter all the information in the table with no missing dates and clearly stated that I was a homemaker in the "occupation" column. Do you think this could be a cause for them to return the application? Is there anything I can do now to fix it? Thanks a lot in advance!
I, as well as several others, made the same mistake. We all got AORs. You'll be fine, don't worry.

MARCHIE

Jan 8, 2011
Vancouver ....Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC LONDON UK-----Transferred to PVO 7Feb 2013
NOC Code......
3152 ( Registered Nurse )
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26 May 2010
Doc's Request.
18 October 2010
Nomination.....
CHC London 15 Jan 2011...
AOR Received.
1st AOR 18 Oct 2010 / 2nd AOR 16 June 2011..
IELTS Request
All Done..
File Transfer...
PARIS OFFICE
Med's Request
13 March 2013
Med's Done....
10 April 2013
Interview........
Medicals Results Received 15 Aug 2013...
Passport Req..
29 Sep 2013 Submitted @ Abu Dhabi U.A.E
VISA ISSUED...
01 Oct 2013
LANDED..........
Celebrated White Christmas in Vancouver..2013.
Your application is only as strong as the documentation you provide and to a large extent your situation. I am not sure any lawyer can change this, except to make you spend a bit extra money. If you are not sure how your travel history is going to affect your application, just wait a few more months to give yourself enough buffer.
thx for the advice

hangincanada

Star Member
Oct 6, 2016
i went to there at 1015, the test starts at 1030, test officers are three ladies and they were very nice. You just need to put your PR card and test invitation letter out on the table so they can check when you get into the test room. BTW, you need to wait in the waiting room before your test starts.
20 questions, no questions about Leaders or parties in SK. questions are basically in the book, need to read words under famous persons in CA, like historical people. Questions are easy, you can raise up your hands when you finish and go back to the waiting room again, later the office will ask you for interview, mine took 2 minutes, only asked me to show her two ID and signed one paper stating that no criminals, that was all.
good luck everyone, Saskatoon officers are very nice.
i used these 3 to practice
http://www.yourlibrary.ca/citizenship/index.cfm
http://www.v-soul.com/onlinetest/
https://www.apnatoronto.com/canadian-citizenship-test-practice/
the paper, that you mentioned towards the end of the interview, was included in the mail of my test notice. my test will be on 13th Feb. hope it will be as smooth as yours. thanks for sharing the details of your test and interview-way more useful than the timelines that most people are talking about here.

August_EC

May 4, 2013
LANDED..........
28-06-2014
the paper, that you mentioned towards the end of the interview, was included in the mail of my test notice. my test will be on 13th Feb. hope it will be as smooth as yours. thanks for sharing the details of your test and interview-way more useful than the timelines that most people are talking about here.
you need to bring it with you and sign in front of the officer.

Abu Hassaan

Champion Member
Oct 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Fellows,

I was working in one of the middle eastern country when I got my PR and made a move to Canada. I had submitted PCC from same middle eastern with my PR application at that time. With my citizenship application, I had to attach PCC from the same middle eastern country as I have lived there just under 1 year in last 4 years but was missing an imp document to apply for PCC. I sent citizenship application with an explanation letter providing valid reason of not attaching PCC. My application is now In Process. Even after applying citizenship, I continued my efforts to acquire PCC and at last, succeeded to obtain it. I called IRCC to check how and where to send PCC after receiving AOR ( before In Process) but agent advised me not to send unless asked. According to the agent, since my application has been accepted with waiver of PCC so I don't need to send it unless asked by officer.

What should I do? Any similar experience would be helpful.

Stef.

Apr 5, 2017

Thanks
No worries! Three days after oath you can apply for passport. Do not send the passport application in via mail, but go directly to the passport office and you will receive your passport within a week and that without urgent processing, at least this is how it worked for me. When you go to the passport office, be there 30 minutes before opening time otherwise you might wait for hours.

bbears27

Star Member
Oct 6, 2017
Dear All
My application returned because (you have not the required English level) I submitted ILTES academic . Can we used the evaluation from ESL as prove of language?
Hi, sorry about that.. Have you received AOR first before they returned your application?

I think I made a mistake too because I sent CLBA result as proof of language in January (CIC received Jan 12).

I have IELTS in 2013, do you think that it's still valid?