+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Applications after Bill C-6

sukhi7

Star Member
Nov 6, 2016
Consider the following scenario :
A person has landed in Canada 3 years 4 months back .Before that he was in his home country.
So in the last 4 years , he was 8 months in his home country AND (3 years 4 months) in Canada
So while applying for Citizenship ,does he need to get PCC from his home country ?
Remember he did not stay in any country for more than 183 days after becoming a Canada PR.

Can anyone advise .....
Yes as per rule was more than 183 days.

sukhi7

Star Member
Nov 6, 2016
Thanks a lot for quick response "canehh". Do you think providing an explanation that it will take months to get Police Certificate therefore old police ceetificate from the same country is being attached which was submitted with immigration application. Obviously, old PCC doesn't conver the time period for which PCC is being asked.
If you haven't traveled back to home country since arriving Canada, It should be OK but you should explain that clearly.

canehh

Star Member
Oct 11, 2017
Thanks a lot for quick response "canehh". Do you think providing an explanation that it will take months to get Police Certificate therefore old police ceetificate from the same country is being attached which was submitted with immigration application. Obviously, old PCC doesn't conver the time period for which PCC is being asked.
Abu Hassan, I don't want to disappoint you but the reality is your explanation would not be reasonable! And you need to provide them exactly how they want! Also Police certificate has to be original only ( not photocopy ) ! I think you should ask the call center for clarification!

NOMADforPR

Star Member
May 23, 2014
Question 11 on the form help please..........

11. Tell us what you have been doing during your eligibility period, inside and outside of Canada. For example, were you working, studying, a caregiver or unemployed?.......

In the answer chart where it says "Where were you physically located? Address(number and street name)"

Would this be your home address or the address of the place where you were working?

Thanks,

malikumershaheen

Star Member
May 24, 2013
Morning all,
Can someone please add me to tracker.
App type: Single
App sent: monday, 16th oct
App received: monday 23rd oct (signed by M KRSWDA)
Days in canada : 1295

sapuser72

Jan 29, 2015
Toronto
AOR Received.
29-11-2017
Could somebody please add me to the list as well? Thanks.
Toronto
Single
3/5 rule
Physical Presence: 1365
Sent - 17 Oct 2017
Delivered - 23 Oct 2017 (signed by M KRSWDA)

NOMADforPR

Star Member
May 23, 2014
Question 11 on the form help please..........

11. Tell us what you have been doing during your eligibility period, inside and outside of Canada. For example, were you working, studying, a caregiver or unemployed?.......

In the answer chart where it says "Where were you physically located? Address(number and street name)"
Would this be your home address or the address of the place where you were working?

In the answer chart where it says "Name of contact"
Would this be the name of your boss if you were working?

Thanks,

Last edited:

canacani

Star Member
Mar 4, 2010
LANDED..........
30-03-2013
Please add me to the list Thanks.
Windsor
Family
3/5 rule
Physical Presence: 1480