+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship application

HarpD

Jun 13, 2019
I checked on my CIC account and it was updated that I was sent a communication on May 28th which I have not received till date. later when I contacted the customer care I was informed that a communication has been sent for Fingerprints.. it is June 13th and I still not have received any letter in the mail or an email. was wondering does this happen quite often or I the odd one.. I have made a written request through the web form on June 5th and received an email to wait until June 25th if I still do not receive contact the customer care.. I am nervous at this point of time

ghsamim

Sep 7, 2018
Here is what happened for me:
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 4, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on February 8, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on March 14, 2019.
  4. We sent you correspondence on April 1, 2019. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required
They asked me to appear for the Citizenship test on June 13. I passed the test and had an interview with a Citizenship officer to check my passport stamps. All went well. He said, the next step is the oath of citizenship but they are waiting for the result of my security clearance before they invite me to a citizenship ceremony. Hope my timeline and explanation helps.