+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Application

abarasia

Apr 23, 2014
Hi everyone, I am getting ready to apply for the citizenship. However, I just realized I need to get a PCC from Kuwait where I lived for 2 years (2014-2015) before coming to Canada.

I have not visited Kuwait since I landed in Canada (Nov-2015). It is not possible to get a Kuwaiti PCC in Canada itself, and I don't have many friends in Kuwait who can help with the process of getting the PCC. Is it okay to submit the application without Kuwait PCC and provide this explanation? I can also attach the PCC I received from Kuwait at the time of my PR application (Oct-2014).

I have been doing a lot of research but could not find a direct answer to this. Thanks in advance for all your help in this regards.

Cit123

Mar 15, 2018
Hi everyone, I am getting ready to apply for the citizenship. However, I just realized I need to get a PCC from Kuwait where I lived for 2 years (2014-2015) before coming to Canada.

I have not visited Kuwait since I landed in Canada (Nov-2015). It is not possible to get a Kuwaiti PCC in Canada itself, and I don't have many friends in Kuwait who can help with the process of getting the PCC. Is it okay to submit the application without Kuwait PCC and provide this explanation? I can also attach the PCC I received from Kuwait at the time of my PR application (Oct-2014).

I have been doing a lot of research but could not find a direct answer to this. Thanks in advance for all your help in this regards.

You don’t need to submit a PCC. You would have to submit one only if you visited a country as a permanent resident for more than 6 months. If that’s the case, then you have to submit one with the application. But if you lived there before coming as a permanent resident, that’s different. You can go ahead and submit the application. Good luck.

abarasia

Apr 23, 2014
Thanks Cit123 for the reply.

I am a bit unsure as the actual question asks -

In the past four (4) years, were you in another country (other than Canada) for a total of 183 days or more?

It doesn't specify before or after becoming PR. Further all the examples given does not make it clear either.

Have you experienced this personally? Do you know someone who applied without Police Certificate in a similar case?

Thanks a ton for all the help!

KRP

Jan 13, 2012
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
01/02/2011

https://www.alscanada.ca/police-check-apostille-authentication-legalization-attestation/