+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship application

jhozeldumaquita

Jul 16, 2013
Hi guys I hope you can give me insights I'm thinking of submitting my citizenship application. I arrive December 2012 and got my permanent resident February 2016. 1. I know I am already eligible to apply. But my question is my son just arrive as Permanent Resident May 2016 he needs an approximately 1 more year of stay right? if i apply for citizenship and got luckily to be citizen? after a year i can just send the application papers for my son coz i know hes not eligible yet so i cant send the application together with mine right? 2. i can use my Celpip results rights? i used them for permanent resident application but they are 3 years old already? 3. where can i find reviewers for citizenship? thank you for all your help. you can send me as well an email at jhozeldumaquita@yahoo.ca

css2011

Star Member
Oct 24, 2017
For minors the days are not applicable. They can apply with you.
Read through the application. Don't take my word for it.

btbt

Feb 26, 2018
The instructions for applying for a minor (at the same time as a parent) are here.

(You can send both applications at the same time, in the same envelope (and you can use either the "minors" or "adults" address; it does not matter which address you use for a family application))

Test results that were used for immigration purposes can be used for citizenship purposes, even if they are expired (instructions).

What do you mean by "reviewers"? If you want someone to assist you with filling out the forms you'd need to either find a friend, a family member, or a volunteer at an organization that helps immigrants who can do so (for free), or you'd need to hire an immigration/citizenship consultant. If you do hire someone you must make sure they are authorized. You do not need to use a consultant; note that even if you use a consultant it is your responsibility to ensure all information you provide to IRCC is true and complete.

jhozeldumaquita

Jul 16, 2013
Hello. That's what I want to know if I can already submit my citizenship application since I am already eligible without including yet my son. How can I apply my son if he's already eligible he will just follow my status ?thank you

jhozeldumaquita

Jul 16, 2013
The instructions for applying for a minor (at the same time as a parent) are here.

(You can send both applications at the same time, in the same envelope (and you can use either the "minors" or "adults" address; it does not matter which address you use for a family application))

Test results that were used for immigration purposes can be used for citizenship purposes, even if they are expired (instructions).

What do you mean by "reviewers"? If you want someone to assist you with filling out the forms you'd need to either find a friend, a family member, or a volunteer at an organization that helps immigrants who can do so (for free), or you'd need to hire an immigration/citizenship consultant. If you do hire someone you must make sure they are authorized. You do not need to use a consultant; note that even if you use a consultant it is your responsibility to ensure all information you provide to IRCC is true and complete.

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
Hello. That's what I want to know if I can already submit my citizenship application since I am already eligible without including yet my son. How can I apply my son if he's already eligible he will just follow my status ?thank you
This is what you want to look through and use to attach your son to your application.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/application-canadian-citizenship-minors.html

Jul 15, 2017
I have a question, I hope that anyone can answer it , Thank you in advance
I have finished a Diploma in marketing Concordia university "continuing education". Is this enough for Canadian citizenship ?

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
I have a question, I hope that anyone can answer it , Thank you in advance
I have finished a Diploma in marketing Concordia university "continuing education". Is this enough for Canadian citizenship ?
From the instructions regarding acceptable proof:
  • diploma, certificate or transcripts from a secondary or post-secondary education program in Canada or abroad, where the language of study was English or French
So, I'd say this would be fine.

Jul 15, 2017
From the instructions regarding acceptable proof:
  • diploma, certificate or transcripts from a secondary or post-secondary education program in Canada or abroad, where the language of study was English or French
So, I'd say this would be fine.
Thank you for answer me. But It's non credit professional development. It is not post-secondary DEP or CEP .
Is this good for citizenship or not ?

Lumina

Star Member
Feb 2, 2014
Hi there,

I have received the AOR for the Citizenship Application. How can one request CIC to process the application as Urgent?

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hi there,

I have received the AOR for the Citizenship Application. How can one request CIC to process the application as Urgent?
Why do you need urgent processing?