+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship application - Test Passed Feb 21 in Van - Still waiting for ECAS update

samurai1

Oct 17, 2017
Hi this is samurai1 for the Oct 2017 batch Canadian Citzenship application batch.
Test was passed on Feb 21. However, I'm still waiting for ECAS Decision Made/Oath letter/email confirmation.
Please update the spreadsheet. thank you kindly

I checked the history of people who have passed the test, especially in Vancouver (where I'm located) and typically it's a 1-2 business day waiting time for the ECAS to update to Decision Made for pplr. I'm still waiting and didn't get the ECAS Decision made nor an email.. could something have gone wrong??

Note-during the interview session after I had passed the test, the ONLY two things that came up were the following:
1) officer said that I had missed declaring two leaves from about 3-4 years back with a duration of 1 month each. I had explained that I didn't know if that was in the window of my application so left it out. Unintentional. I asked if this would be a problem to which the officer said 'shouldn't be a problem since your are buffered by over 300 days beyond what is needed for your citizenship'
2) I didn't bring the 'landing papers' for my PR card (the one after you return back from the border for landing which the CBSA provides you) because no where in the instructions did it stipulate this. I was asked for it to which I said I didn't bring it and was unsure where I kept it. Officer again 'will request from CBSA but shouldn't be a problem. if further information is needed, will inform me'

I have not received an RQ. It's been over a month since I had taken the test (Feb 21 Vancouver) and there's been nothing. What can I do to get an update because calling them would be useless and if I go back to the center, I'm sure I need an appointment and am not sure how to go about doing that. Any advice from anyone? Anyone in Vancouver with the same situation as me who's still waiting after passing the test/interview?

Thank you kindly

madam-m

Star Member
Mar 2, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think you ll just have to wait more. No actions you can do to speed up the process. You are not the only one!!!

Reactions: scorph

samurai1

Oct 17, 2017
I think you ll just have to wait more. No actions you can do to speed up the process. You are not the only one!!!
thanks madam-m. I'm actually not in 'haste' but the lack of information is worrying me as to the gap between my successful passing of the test on Feb 21 to current where there is 'no reply'.. nothing. I looked at historical data and typically it's 1-2 business day turn-around for the ECAS Decision Made to update but since I've gotten nothing, my only fear is if something went wrong. That's all.

anybody having the same issue or not received the ECAS DM following their test, especially in Vancouver, please post here.

Thank you

Rooben

Mar 13, 2018
I am exactly in the same situation.
Missed one week trip to US, and i asked the officer if this will be an issue, and she said no since I have about 300 days buffer.
It has been 3 weeks since the test and no update.

samurai1

Oct 17, 2017
I am exactly in the same situation.
Missed one week trip to US, and i asked the officer if this will be an issue, and she said no since I have about 300 days buffer.
It has been 3 weeks since the test and no update.
Rooben was your application in Vancouver?

scorph

Aug 17, 2017
Abbotsford BC
Hi this is samurai1 for the Oct 2017 batch Canadian Citzenship application batch.
Test was passed on Feb 21. However, I'm still waiting for ECAS Decision Made/Oath letter/email confirmation.

I checked the history of people who have passed the test, especially in Vancouver (where I'm located) and typically it's a 1-2 business day waiting time for the ECAS to update to Decision Made for pplr. I'm still waiting and didn't get the ECAS Decision made nor an email.. could something have gone wrong??

Note-during the interview session after I had passed the test, the ONLY two things that came up were the following:
1) officer said that I had missed declaring two leaves from about 3-4 years back with a duration of 1 month each. I had explained that I didn't know if that was in the window of my application so left it out. Unintentional. I asked if this would be a problem to which the officer said 'shouldn't be a problem since your are buffered by over 300 days beyond what is needed for your citizenship'
2) I didn't bring the 'landing papers' for my PR card (the one after you return back from the border for landing which the CBSA provides you) because no where in the instructions did it stipulate this. I was asked for it to which I said I didn't bring it and was unsure where I kept it. Officer again 'will request from CBSA but shouldn't be a problem. if further information is needed, will inform me'

I have not received an RQ. It's been over a month since I had taken the test (Feb 21 Vancouver) and there's been nothing. What can I do to get an update because calling them would be useless and if I go back to the center, I'm sure I need an appointment and am not sure how to go about doing that. Any advice from anyone? Anyone in Vancouver with the same situation as me who's still waiting after passing the test/interview?

Thank you kindly
Be patient. You will certainly soon get an update.
Your background checks are likely not yet completed.
PATIENCE is the key motto for all of us who have applied for citizenship.

architectcarioca

Sep 21, 2010
thanks madam-m. I'm actually not in 'haste' but the lack of information is worrying me as to the gap between my successful passing of the test on Feb 21 to current where there is 'no reply'.. nothing. I looked at historical data and typically it's 1-2 business day turn-around for the ECAS Decision Made to update but since I've gotten nothing, my only fear is if something went wrong. That's all.

anybody having the same issue or not received the ECAS DM following their test, especially in Vancouver, please post here.

Thank you
Hi Samurai1,

We are on the same boat. No news since Jan for me. My partner got DM 24 hours later and I have nothing.

By the end of the interview Officer gave a smile and said “everything seems fine”, wait for a letter in the next few months (Vancouver).

When I saw my partner ecas changing to DM, I thought iit was a DM for the family so I didn’t take any action sooner, just kept waiting for the Oath letter.

As the letter didn’t arrive in Feb (as most of the people with similar timelines), I read on another Forum that DM should appear on both ecas before they send an Oath invitation. That’s when I notice I needed to take some action to know what’s going on.

I called IRCC and after 30 min waiting for a human voice on the other side I explained the issue, she asked me for some minutes and when she returned to the phone she said “everything looks fine”. She confirmed my address and said to wait for a letter (she said with a pleasant voice, I understood it almost as “congratulations you are almost Canadian” but this can be my mind playing tricks.

I can’t understand the long waiting with no requests, no Oath letter, no change on my ecas.

Does your ecas show the invitation for test/interview? Mine doesn’t show even this. I only have one single line and it’s “iP - we started prossessing your file on XXXXXX”

It has been already 2 1/2 months since my partner got DM and I have no clue about my application.

Note: he got FP request 1 month before interview. I didn’t get FP request.

Best of luck to you (and to all of us). Silence hurts more than if they ask for a bunch of papers, FP, etc.

Reactions: vancouverbc2013

architectcarioca

Sep 21, 2010
@architectcarioca, my ecas was previously showing invitation for test/interview. was still waiting for changes to any of the ecas details until yesterday in which I got Decision Made. but no updated details in regards to 'Oath'
I have no clue for the reason my ecas doesn’t show invitation, although it was sent by regular mail and attended on Jan 11. It’s like they forgot about me and that’s why they didn’t update my file. :(

zztop

Star Member
Oct 21, 2017

Thank you kindly
Hi Samurai1,
Just one question if you can help me with. I'm having my test next week. Test invite states to bring: this notice (test invite), 2pieces of personal id, ALL YOUR ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS THAT SUPPORT YOUR CITIZENSHIP APPLICATION (AS LISTED IN THE DOCUMENT CHECKLIST IN THE CITIZENSHIP APPLICATION FORM). My understanding is that doesn't directly require citizenship application ? only if I look checklist for citizenship application it states APPLICATION FOR CANADIAN CITIZENSHIP!

So after I fill out my application I printed it out ,signed and sent it away without keeping any copies with me. My only application is already with IRCC.
Can you advise if you had to bring copy of your application.

Much appreciated.