+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Application Stuck - Please Help

joelthakkar

Star Member
Sep 29, 2014
Hi everyone,

I applied for Canadian Citizenship online on 3rd June 2022. I received an email immediately that said :

This email confirms that you have successfully submitted your citizenship application.

However, even after a couple of months, I did not receive an AoR or Application Number so that I can create the tracking account over here :
( https://citapply-citdemande.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/sign-in )

I submitted the webform asking for the same in July 2022 and they replied back in Aug 2022 with my Application Id and a PDF which looked like AoR

From this, I was able to create an account. However, 6 months have passed after that and there has been no update to my application :

This is the screenshot from my application tracker

So does this mean that my application is stuck ? The email pdf says that "This is to acknowledge receipt of your application for Canadian Citizenship." However, my account says that my status is Application submitted and not AOR

I have tried IRCC contact centre and no one is picking up. I have even done web form inquiry again and waiting to get a reply back.

I am worried as people who have applied after me has already got test invitation and I have not even got AOR according to the application status ?

Thank you for any help!

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
Hi everyone,

I applied for Canadian Citizenship online on 3rd June 2022. I received an email immediately that said :

This email confirms that you have successfully submitted your citizenship application.

However, even after a couple of months, I did not receive an AoR or Application Number so that I can create the tracking account over here :
( https://citapply-citdemande.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/sign-in )

I submitted the webform asking for the same in July 2022 and they replied back in Aug 2022 with my Application Id and a PDF which looked like AoR

From this, I was able to create an account. However, 6 months have passed after that and there has been no update to my application :

This is the screenshot from my application tracker

So does this mean that my application is stuck ? The email pdf says that "This is to acknowledge receipt of your application for Canadian Citizenship." However, my account says that my status is Application submitted and not AOR

I have tried IRCC contact centre and no one is picking up. I have even done web form inquiry again and waiting to get a reply back.

I am worried as people who have applied after me has already got test invitation and I have not even got AOR according to the application status ?

Thank you for any help!
The PDF image you attached is your AOR -> "Acknowledgement of Receipt". Use the tracker link the one posted just above this to register and get the status

Reactions: joelthakkar

joelthakkar

Star Member
Sep 29, 2014
thank you so much. I create the account and It says following :

The only thing which is mystery is : My friend who applied 1 month after me has got her citizenship test already. Maybe it is because , she got her AOR in 1st week of July and I got mine on 18th Aug 2022 ? (That's the date on which I received the email and pdf on the reply to webform).

Does this mean I am 1 month behind her now in the process ?

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022

The only thing which is mystery is : My friend who applied 1 month after me has got her citizenship test already. Maybe it is because , she got her AOR in 1st week of July and I got mine on 18th Aug 2022 ? (That's the date on which I received the email and pdf on the reply to webform).

This query is more suited to the monthly tracker threads. Please post your timeline here in the June 2022 thread:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/june-2022-citizenship-applicants.769148/

You can also take a look at the spreadsheets for June or any other month to get an idea

vincent9909

Star Member
Feb 27, 2016

The process seems random...

Reactions: snoopyta