+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Application Returned

tanja

Jan 31, 2014
I would be very happy if somebody could help me with this!!

My citizenship application was returned because it was incomplete. I didn't send my daughter's school records.

anyways, I got the school records and I am ready to resubmit the application.

It really isn't clear if I need to pay the fees again or not? Do I send the same application that they've returned to me?

They said that they didn't take the fees and then stated that I should send the application, missing documents and the proof of payment!

Thank you!!!!!

muzmil

Feb 11, 2008
tanja said:

My citizenship application was returned because it was incomplete. I didn't send my daughter's school records.

It really isn't clear if I need to pay the fees again or not? Do I send the same application that they've returned to me?

They said that they didn't take the fees and then stated that I should send the application, missing documents and the proof of payment!

Thank you!!!!!

When did you apply ?

SLE

Sep 24, 2013
tanja said:

Thank you!!!!!
Hi Tanja, I got my application returned last year for the same reason. I just got my daughter's school records and sent the application back again. You don't have to pay the fees again, and yes you can send the same application again. Please double-check the application again, in order to see if you are not missing anything.

Regards

scottishK

Star Member
Jul 1, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-July-2011 / CC debited 02-Aug-2011
Doc's Request.
Complete
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
21-Sep-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
File Transfer...
Oct/Nov 2011
Med's Request
10-Jan-2012
Med's Done....
16-Mar-2012
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
01-May-2012
VISA ISSUED...
18-July-2012
LANDED..........
18-Sept-2013
Sorry to hear that, you can use the same receipt. You don't need to pay again.

Good Luck!
Would just like to mention that this answer helped me too, as I was in exactly the same predicament.
I made an application for citizenship for myself and two sons and they returned all applications; two were good to go but one of my son's apps was incomplete because I forgot to check ONE BOX (yes/no), eugh! I was totally unclear as to whether to resend proof of payment for him since I paid for whole family one one receipt.

I really wish CIC would get their act together and stop sending out ambiguous canned communications because it really WAS NOT CLEAR!

So I amended original application, and reattached the family receipt. I was wondering if I'd done the right thing or not.
So fingers crossed all is good.

Thank you!