+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Application returned !!

my_journey

Jan 26, 2014
Hello everyone,

My Citizenship Application was received by Sydny on December 10 2013, then my entire application was returned back to me with a letter dated January 17 2014 stating the information below:

Your application for Canadian Citizenship was considered incomplete and was not processed and fees were not taken.
Your application and proof of payment are therefore returned to you for the following reasons:
- The passport(s) provided does not cover the 4 year period preceding the date of your application.
Please send us a photocopy of the biographical page of any other passport(s) you have had during the
relevant 4 year period.

I have sent a full copy of my passport covering the 4 years period preceding the date of my aplication. it had few renewal gabs in between, but all the renewals are on the same passport and it is valid to date, all the renewal stamp pages were present in the copy i have sent as well.

Now, i have resubmited the application with a letter explaining that i only held that one passport and i do not possess any other passports to provide for that period because i am only a citizen of only one country! I also highlighted all the renewal pages to make things easy for them.

Anyone experienced the same issue or know the steps to take from here? please advice?

my_journey

Jan 26, 2014
No, there is no way for a person from my country to have two passports in the same time, the only way to get a whole new passport is if this one is canceled by them due to damage or expirey, then they will issue a brand new one with new number, or if its lost/stolen and police report is made then they will void this one in their system and issue me a brand new one with a new number still!!

I have held this passport since 2008, and it has been renewed few times in between and it is still valid, and those renewals are just stamps on its pages stating that it had been extended to certain date!

Travel Dream

Sep 20, 2010
my_journey said:
No, there is no way for a person from my country to have two passports in the same time, the only way to get a whole new passport is if this one is canceled by them due to damage or expirey, then they will issue a brand new one with new number, or if its lost/stolen and police report is made then they will void this one in their system and issue me a brand new one with a new number still!!

I have held this passport since 2008, and it has been renewed few times in between and it is still valid, and those renewals are just stamps on its pages stating that it had been extended to certain date!
Simply, They did not check the renewal stamp. They just checked the expiry date in the first page. Send them explaining letter about renewal stamp

canadp

Feb 25, 2009
California
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2009
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2010
LANDED..........
29-07-2010
my_journey said:
Hello everyone,

My Citizenship Application was received by Sydny on December 10 2013, then my entire application was returned back to me with a letter dated January 17 2014 stating the information below:

Your application for Canadian Citizenship was considered incomplete and was not processed and fees were not taken.
Your application and proof of payment are therefore returned to you for the following reasons:
- The passport(s) provided does not cover the 4 year period preceding the date of your application.
Please send us a photocopy of the biographical page of any other passport(s) you have had during the
relevant 4 year period.

I have sent a full copy of my passport covering the 4 years period preceding the date of my aplication. it had few renewal gabs in between, but all the renewals are on the same passport and it is valid to date, all the renewal stamp pages were present in the copy i have sent as well.

Now, i have resubmited the application with a letter explaining that i only held that one passport and i do not possess any other passports to provide for that period because i am only a citizen of only one country! I also highlighted all the renewal pages to make things easy for them.

Anyone experienced the same issue or know the steps to take from here? please advice?
my_journey said:
Hello everyone,

relevant 4 year period.

You should ask question before you resubmitted the application, then it is worth to get suggestion from people around here.

However, as TravelDream suggested and if you have already not explained, please write a letter and make them clear about renewal stamp and I would also suggest that you should send copy of all passport you had in past to make them clear that you got only those passports either cancelled or expired.

It is really very unfortunate and issue with CIC that they return applications without checking properly.

Thanks and good luck.

NetMecca

Dec 12, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
14-07-2009
The passport question seem to be a common issue.

We supplied that and passports beyond that, and they sent me a request to send the passport (which I included in the original packet) as well.

Fortunately they did not return my entire package, just sent a request for a new copy. I sent it immediately and this seemed to resolve the issue. We have since written the citizenship exam and are hopefully moving forward.

Unfortunately in some cases patience is your ownly solution.

Cheers!!

Kanadalainen

Jan 26, 2014
Travel Dream said:
Simply, They did not check the renewal stamp. They just checked the expiry date in the first page. Send them explaining letter about renewal stamp
Yes, that sounds like a good advice.

MarySid

Sep 30, 2014
Hi there,
I had submitted the "biographical pages" which seemed to me the page with the information of the passport. My entire application was returned to me after three months and I do not understand if I am suppose to send copies of all the pages of my passport or only the pages with stamps and information. I read on some forums that people sent the blank pages as well and their applications were also returned. I called CIC million times today but I was constantly put on hold and then disconnected because no representative was available to take my call. Can someone help me with this please :(.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MarySid said:
Hi there,
I had submitted the "biographical pages" which seemed to me the page with the information of the passport. My entire application was returned to me after three months and I do not understand if I am suppose to send copies of all the pages of my passport or only the pages with stamps and information. I read on some forums that people sent the blank pages as well and their applications were also returned. I called CIC million times today but I was constantly put on hold and then disconnected because no representative was available to take my call. Can someone help me with this please :(.
Does this passport cover the 4 years in the qualifying residence period as per the signed application date? If it does not and covers less than a 4 year period then either send the previous passport or if this is the only passport you have ever held/ is expired etc explain in writing to CIC.

MarySid

Sep 30, 2014
I sent in the "biographical" pages of my previous passport as well. Those were the only passports I ever had.
Now I copied and each and every page of both my passports in, blank as well as the stamped ones. Still waiting for a confirmation letter. I believe I am put in the waiting list again :(

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Just wanted to mention something which seems trivial but may be a factor. The 4-year relevant period means:

if you signed your application today Nov 22, 2014, your passport should at least cover the period from Nov 22, 2010 to present. Also, include all pages with renewals and original entry stamp and visa (especially if you are using pre-PR time). There have been cases where CIC can't seem to find an original entry date or the date in their system is different.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
my_journey said:
Hello everyone,

relevant 4 year period.

If you look at the following link it states that you should send copys of renewal stamps and in your case you did not do and that is the reason why it was returned back to you: You should send the detailed explanation letter stating details about renewal

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/CIT0002ETOC.asp

3. Biographical page of passport(s)/travel document(s)

The biographical page means the page that has your name, photo, passport/travel document no., issue date and expiration date.

Provide photocopies of the biographical pages of all passports and/or travel documents (valid and cancelled) for the relevant four (4) year period immediately preceding the date of your application,

Also, provide photocopies of any renewal pages of the passport(s)/travel document(s).

alphazip

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
my_journey stated that he/she sent a "full copy" of the passport and "all the renewal stamps were present in the copy I have sent as well." So, the reason for return is not that the renewal pages were not sent, but rather that the CIC clerk didn't bother looking for them. I agree that the solution is to point out the renewals (or anything else that is out of the ordinary) in a cover letter.

abdul560

Star Member
Jun 21, 2014
ALBERTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi all
my application was recieved a week ago for the second time after it was returned to me due to missing document.
my question is : should i count another 2 months before i may hear something from cic or is it gonna be less than that?
thanks in advance