+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Application Returned ( Incomplete )

DRGN

Jan 9, 2013
Hi All,

My application for canadian citizenship was received on Oct 10, 2018. Today i received bundle back saying that application is incomplete. Reason mentioned was

"The passport(s) or travel document(s) provided do not cover entire 5 year period preceding the date of applicatin..."

2 Passport copies were provided
Passport 1: 05 Sep 2012 -> 04 Sep 2017
Passport 2 : 15 Dec 2017 -> 15 Dec 2027

There is 3 months gap between 2 passport just because we did not review passport. Question is how can i communication this information explaining gap. Is there is separate form which i was required to fill in ?

GraceCan

Oct 16, 2014
Hi All,

My application for canadian citizenship was received on Oct 10, 2018. Today i received bundle back saying that application is incomplete. Reason mentioned was

"The passport(s) or travel document(s) provided do not cover entire 5 year period preceding the date of applicatin..."

There is 3 months gap between 2 passport just because we did not review passport. Question is how can i communication this information explaining gap. Is there is separate form which i was required to fill in ?
You can also mention the gap details in Table (B) for question 14.a (CIT0002e-2 form)

GraceCan

Oct 16, 2014
Thanks @Zmaqsood . Do i need to fill entire recalculate my eligibility period start from new the day when i'll resubmit application?
Its recommended that you do a recalculation,signature + all updates since there was another case in the forum where the person prepared the form in advance but posted it only after 3mts and it was rejected by IRCC since the forms contents were deemed to be not current

Reactions: Zmaqsood

Zmaqsood

Champion Member
Sep 10, 2014
Milton. ON
Thanks @Zmaqsood . Do i need to fill entire recalculate my eligibility period start from new the day when i'll resubmit application?
I second gracecan. If forms are signed 90 days or older they will be sent back reason being stale dated. So you need to print new forms with updated schedules, physical presence calculator and sign date etc.

Ch_Rizwan

Apr 23, 2016
Hi All,

If you forgot to explain the gap properly and realize this after submitting can you submit explanation letter before they send your application back?

I am afraid i also have left 3 months gap for my wife’s application and it might come back.

Thank you please someone guide

AbdelAllah

Aug 24, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

If you forgot to explain the gap properly and realize this after submitting can you submit explanation letter before they send your application back?

I am afraid i also have left 3 months gap for my wife’s application and it might come back.

Thank you please someone guide
I don't think it will work as they can't update your application until you have an application number, and the application number is not assigned until your application is basically complete (not missing the information you mentioned).

When the application returns please spend more time reviewing it, and make someone else review it as a second eye.

all the best.

Ch_Rizwan

Apr 23, 2016
I don't think it will work as they can't update your application until you have an application number, and the application number is not assigned until your application is basically complete (not missing the information you mentioned).

When the application returns please spend more time reviewing it, and make someone else review it as a second eye.

all the best.
Thanks for your reply.

Actually in my wife’s case there is no gap but in 3 months beginning of the eligibility period my wife did not have any passport.She got hers in 3rd month of start of 5 year eligibility period.

So i was not sure to explain that as it is self explanatory. Also at that time she was not in Canada.

But i called IRCC today and person told me to explain this with a letter sent to case processing centre in Sydney even if they have not yet reached your application. It might help with the processing.

So today i did send them letter which will reach to them on Tuesday.

Let’s see how it goes.

AbdelAllah

Aug 24, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for your reply.

Actually in my wife’s case there is no gap but in 3 months beginning of the eligibility period my wife did not have any passport.She got hers in 3rd month of start of 5 year eligibility period.

So i was not sure to explain that as it is self explanatory. Also at that time she was not in Canada.

But i called IRCC today and person told me to explain this with a letter sent to case processing centre in Sydney even if they have not yet reached your application. It might help with the processing.

So today i did send them letter which will reach to them on Tuesday.

Let’s see how it goes.
My response was based on feedback from members here in this forum which will be useful that you search as well.
No harm in trying, and good luck bro.

If it works, please update here so other can benefit from you experience.

~A

Bachar

Sep 12, 2011
Hi All,

Hi,

May I ask which city you sent you application from?