+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship application returned- how long will this delay my application?

chris0318

Aug 15, 2018
Hi!
Our application package was returned because we forgot to tick a box in one of the forms. For those who experienced this, how far will this set out application back? Are we back to square one? We submitted in May, but are we now July applicants?
Thanks!

alienzz-00

Star Member
May 8, 2019
Hi,

I answered your question in the May 2019 thread as well.

Yes unfortunately when you tick the missing box (use the same application you sent in May, no need for new applications), it'll go to back of the line and. you will be July applicants.

Best of luck

(Speaking from experience)

chris0318

Aug 15, 2018
Hi,

Yes unfortunately when you tick the missing box (use the same application you sent in May, no need for new applications), it'll go to back of the line and. you will be July applicants.

Best of luck

☹☹☹ this really makes me sad.
Thank you for your reply.

nataliafrance

Mar 24, 2015
Hi!
Our application package was returned because we forgot to tick a box in one of the forms. For those who experienced this, how far will this set out application back? Are we back to square one? We submitted in May, but are we now July applicants?
Thanks!
I may be in the same boat :(.. which box you didn’t check?

nataliafrance

Mar 24, 2015
Hi,

Best of luck

So we don’t need to redo a calc?
On my side I sent app in May, just before going on a trip outside canada

So if I resend the application ,do I need to redo the presence calc?

Do you need to sign again the application (meaning printing a new copy and edit the date?)

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
So we don’t need to redo a calc?
On my side I sent app in May, just before going on a trip outside canada

So if I resend the application ,do I need to redo the presence calc?

Do you need to sign again the application (meaning printing a new copy and edit the date?)
An application that is received more than 90 days after if was signed will be rejected.
Keep that in mind if you just correct your mistake and send the application again.

chris0318

Aug 15, 2018
I may be in the same boat :(.. which box you didn’t check?
Box 14 b) consent to cbsa to disclose history of travel

Funny cause mine’s ticked but my husband’s not. And i filled it all up!☹ And i checked and checked. Asked him to check too. Oh well.

chris0318

Aug 15, 2018
What’s the address for resending citizenship application? Is it specifically to the PO box? Mailing address in the letter is PO box. I am using a courier.