+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship application returned by Cic

Jialidia

Jan 11, 2014
Hi, I'm a new member here. Just want to get your suggestions for my citizenship application. Here is the thing. We arrived at Canada in July 2010. I applied at the end of nov 2013. I applied together with my son who is currently in grade five. I submitted all his school records ( the permanent student form asked from the school+ report cards of grade two, three and four which cover the period from sep 2010 to the nov 2013 , the date I applied. The Annex A said that the school records are incomplete. I'm wondering the missing part is nov 2009 to August 2010, when my son was back in the hometown out of canada. However, he was doing homeschooling during that period. How can I get any official school records? What should I do? To write a letter to explain to Cic ? Will they accept the reason ? Pls help me,

RussCan

Star Member
Aug 16, 2013
Jialidia said:
Hi, I'm a new member here. Just want to get your suggestions for my citizenship application. Here is the thing. We arrived at Canada in July 2010. I applied at the end of nov 2013. I applied together with my son who is currently in grade five. I submitted all his school records ( the permanent student form asked from the school+ report cards of grade two, three and four which cover the period from sep 2010 to the nov 2013 , the date I applied. The Annex A said that the school records are incomplete. I'm wondering the missing part is nov 2009 to August 2010, when my son was back in the hometown out of canada. However, he was doing homeschooling during that period. How can I get any official school records? What should I do? To write a letter to explain to Cic ? Will they accept the reason ? Pls help me,
What is the Annex A? Did they return your application? How long did it take from submission to return?

Jialidia

Jan 11, 2014
I submitted the application on nov 24 and got them back on jan 10. Does anybody know that the explanation letter will be accepted or the Cic may still think my application incomplete since I can't provide any official school records of the kid?

RussCan

Star Member
Aug 16, 2013
Jialidia said:
I submitted the application on nov 24 and got them back on jan 10. Does anybody know that the explanation letter will be accepted or the Cic may still think my application incomplete since I can't provide any official school records of the kid?
I would suggest to call the CIC and talk to an agent first. In addition, I would also write an explanation letter about homeschooling and the attendant nuances. We also applied in November 2013. They received the application on the 25. My daughter went to grade 2. So I mentioned in the cover letter that I am not submitting a school record for the first quarter of the grade 2 as it will not be available until January 2014. I did just in case they were going to return the application because of the missing school record.

canadp

Feb 25, 2009
California
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2009
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2010
LANDED..........
29-07-2010
[/quote]
Jialidia said:

you had to submit 4 years of school records, doesn't matter you were in Canada or out of Canada. so you just sent records after you came in Canada which is for 3 years. You have to send 1 year of school record from your home town. If he was doing homeschooling and no official record then you should put a note with school records that you do not have any official school record for your son because of the reason... as you did not mentioned anything it looked like incomplete.

so obviously application is returned.

4 years means last 4 years no matter whether you were in Canada or any other country.

canadp

Jialidia

Jan 11, 2014
hi guys, the following is the letter sent together with the returned application.

Dear Sir or Madam:
your application for Canadian Citizenship was considered incomplete and was not processed and fees were not taken. your aplication and proof of payment are therefore returned to you for the following reasons:

* the photocopies of school records for yourself (if applicable) and for your dependent children are missing. See section "step 1 gather documents" in the instruction guide.

Please provide phtocopies of all official school records for you and ay dependent children for the 4 year period immediately preceding the date of the application.

Annex A

please choose among the following two options

1. submitting a complete application Please check on the statement below, sign, date and return this Annex A and your application to the mailing address indicated below.

If you choose Option 1, your application package will first be reviewed to ensure it is complete. If your application package is still incomplete, it will not be processed and be returned to you with the proof of payment.

I wish to resubmit an application for a grant of citizenship. I have included:

* the application form
* the required documents based on teh Document Checklist of the form for a grant of citizenship (CIT-0002)
*the proof of payment

all right, here is the confusing part. In the returned application package, I found everything I sent, including the application form of mine and my kid's, and the proof of payment. [size=10pt]My question is , Should I fill in the application form again? if i should, which one should i fill in? mine or my kids's or both ? Should I pay for the processing fees again? If i don't, how can i send the proof of payment again?[/size]

anybody can help me? thank you very much in advance!

canadp

Feb 25, 2009
California
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2009
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2010
LANDED..........
29-07-2010
Jialidia said:
hi guys, the following is the letter sent together with the returned application.

Dear Sir or Madam:
your application for Canadian Citizenship was considered incomplete and was not processed and fees were not taken. your aplication and proof of payment are therefore returned to you for the following reasons:

* the photocopies of school records for yourself (if applicable) and for your dependent children are missing. See section "step 1 gather documents" in the instruction guide.

Please provide phtocopies of all official school records for you and ay dependent children for the 4 year period immediately preceding the date of the application.

Annex A

please choose among the following two options

1. submitting a complete application Please check on the statement below, sign, date and return this Annex A and your application to the mailing address indicated below.

If you choose Option 1, your application package will first be reviewed to ensure it is complete. If your application package is still incomplete, it will not be processed and be returned to you with the proof of payment.

I wish to resubmit an application for a grant of citizenship. I have included:

* the application form
* the required documents based on teh Document Checklist of the form for a grant of citizenship (CIT-0002)
*the proof of payment

all right, here is the confusing part. In the returned application package, I found everything I sent, including the application form of mine and my kid's, and the proof of payment. [size=10pt]My question is , Should I fill in the application form again? if i should, which one should i fill in? mine or my kids's or both ? Should I pay for the processing fees again? If i don't, how can i send the proof of payment again?[/size]

anybody can help me? thank you very much in advance!
You need to send complete application package again.

--> Originally which you sent previously, all forms and documents
+ --> Additional document they asked for which were missing.

When you sent application, it will be considered as NEW application so send it like you are sending it for the first time.

you should attach copy of the letter and mention that you because of the document missed out, you are sending citizenship application again. This happened to me and when I asked CIC agent, he told me to do as I written here.

NOTE : one thing is that, I don't know after how many days or months your application is returned, but you can fill new form with New dates and also update your online residence calculator form as well.

if there was anything changed like job, address, or you were out of canada during the period when you filed your application and it returned, you need to mentioned all those details in new application.

you don't need to pay processing fees and you can use same copy as a proof of payment, if they have returned your payment then you can make new payment. if there is over payment, CIC will return your fees so do not worry.

NOTE: you haven't mentioned Option 2 so I just describe what you should do in case for Option 1.

canadp

Jialidia

Jan 11, 2014
thank you very much cadadp!

just one thing, i called the the cic agent this morning and the answer was that i don't need to fill in the forms again nor make another payment. i just need to add the explanation letter to the original package and mail it back. Im sooooo confused......

canadp

Feb 25, 2009
California
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2009
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2010
LANDED..........
29-07-2010
Jialidia said:
thank you very much cadadp!

just one thing, i called the the cic agent this morning and the answer was that i don't need to fill in the forms again nor make another payment. i just need to add the explanation letter to the original package and mail it back. Im sooooo confused......
That is good. So now you need to do only following things.

1. Attach the letter which you got from CIC . Only copy n keep original with you.
2. Attach the new documents CIC has requested.
3. Write a covering letter and mentioned that as CIc requested is attached herewith.
And I also spoke with CIC agent and he asked me to send original package as it is with new required documents.

Hope this help.

Note. Keep the new documents separate than original documents.
check 2-4 times if you did not miss out anything as per requested.

Thanks

canadp

Feb 25, 2009
California
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2009
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2010
LANDED..........
29-07-2010
Jialidia said:
Thank you very much Canadp! I've mailed the package , hopefully, everything goes well this time!
Best of Luck, Jialidia.

redstone

Apr 6, 2013
I need few advise to fill citizenship form:

1.for adult application on 6G : child section: there are boxes Date from & date to after Lives in Canada and before Name of instituation. what should i type here. when child came to canada or when child started school??

2. If paid online for adult & child togather, should we make 2 copies of payment receipt to attach with adult & child application?? we are going to send in same envelope.

3. should we write letter of explanation that child has been attending school for last 3 years out of 4 years as he had to start kindergarden at the age of 5. now he is in grade 2.

Pls help, seniors.........