+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Application Questions

Silvi6

Jan 17, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi Everyone,

My brief Info:
I hold an Indian Passport and have stayed in India all of my life till 2015/2016.

I am applying for Citizenship in next month after completing 3 years on PR. My 5 years eligibility period on Application is 2014-08 to 2019-08.

I have a few questions as I also have a PR of Australia which was granted a year before Canadian PR. Australian PR will lapse soon next year.

Major Questions are related to addresses, Income Tax, English Language, Police Certificate

Addresses :
Went to Australia for a week and stayed there in September 2015 - Airbnb then I came back to India.

then I went again and worked in Australia from Jan 2016 to May 2016(4 months) and I stayed at 4 different places including Airbnb, rental and friends place.

Do I have to provide all those addresses? Even for a week of September 2015?

Income Tax:

I didn't declare any foreign income from Australia for the year 2016 as I didn't earn any foreign income after coming from Australia to Canada in June 2016. I was also not sure or was not given any suggestion by the accountant whether to declare foreign income or not in this case.

Though I have filed all my returns for 2016/2017/2018 and was employed full time in Canada.

I am not sure If this will be an issue as I am declaring my Immigration status of Australia but haven't declared foreign income at the same time.

English Language

I know we can provide IELTS score for the English language proof but do we have to provide the original Scorecard or the photocopy works?

Police Certificate
I believe I just have to provide a police certificate from India as in the Past 5 years, I have stayed in India for at least 183 days. In Australia, I was for 4 months so I don't need that.
Do I need it for Canada? I think not.

Are my assumptions right?

Documents
I don't see much of the documents requested. They are hardly 7-8 docs asked in the Document checklist. Am I missing anything? Don't they ask for proof of residency? Anything else?

Family application
I am also sending separate application for my spouse and not including in the same envelope. As I want that to be processed separately rather than tying with each if some issues arise in once app.
I hope this will be fine.

Application Posting
I believe if I am sending the application through express post, it will be sent to Courier Address and doesn't count as Regular Mail, right?

Can someone please help?

Thanks
Silvi

Last edited:

Kambiz2002

Star Member
Jan 11, 2019
Hi Everyone,

My brief Info:
I hold an Indian Passport and have stayed in India all of my life till 2015/2016.

I am applying for Citizenship in next month after completing 3 years on PR. My 5 years eligibility period on Application is 2014-08 to 2019-08.

I have a few questions as I also have a PR of Australia which was granted a year before Canadian PR. Australian PR will lapse soon next year.

Major Questions are related to addresses, Income Tax, English Language, Police Certificate

Addresses :
Went to Australia for a week and stayed there in September 2015 - Airbnb then I came back to India.

then I went again and worked in Australia from Jan 2016 to May 2016(4 months) and I stayed at 4 different places including Airbnb, rental and friends place.

Do I have to provide all those addresses? Even for a week of September 2015?

Others may give other answers:
Technically a week of visiting Australia should not be included in addresses as you were visiting only. You will include this trip in your absences and mention the reason but I dont believe you need to change your address for this one week Airbnb visit. On the other hand your 4 month of working there must be included in the addresses.

Income Tax:

I didn't declare any foreign income from Australia for the year 2016 as I didn't earn any foreign income after coming from Australia to Canada in June 2016. I was also not sure or was not given any suggestion by the accountant whether to declare foreign income or not in this case.

Though I have filed all my returns for 2016/2017/2018 and was employed full time in Canada.

I am not sure If this will be an issue as I am declaring my Immigration status of Australia but haven't declared foreign income at the same time.

Ask a tax expert. I cant help with this part.

English Language

I know we can provide IELTS score for the English language proof but do we have to provide the original Scorecard or the photocopy works?

Copy is fine.

Police Certificate
I believe I just have to provide a police certificate from India as in the Past 5 years, I have stayed in India for at least 183 days. In Australia, I was for 4 months so I don't need that.
Do I need it for Canada? I think not.

Are my assumptions right?
Correct.

Documents
I don't see much of the documents requested. They are hardly 7-8 docs asked in the Document checklist. Am I missing anything? Don't they ask for proof of residency? Anything else?

They will ask for more only if they think it is needed. DO NOT SEND EXTRA DOCS!!!

Family application
I am also sending separate application for my spouse and not including in the same envelope. As I want that to be processed separately rather than tying with each if some issues arise in once app.
I hope this will be fine.

Not sure on this.

Application Posting
I believe if I am sending the application through express post, it will be sent to Courier Address and doesn't count as Regular Mail, right?

Can someone please help?

I believe express post counts as courier but double check on that as well. Good luck!

Thanks
Silvi

Last edited:
Reactions: Silvi6