+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Application Questions - Please Help

UPPI

Nov 11, 2013
Hi All,

I'm eligible to apply for Canadian citizenship. I've partially filled my application form as well.

However, I have following doubts that i need clarification on -

1. From Document checklist (Point 5) -
Photocopy of personal identification, it must have your name, photo and date of birth on it. If there is information on both sides of your personal identification documents, provide a photocopy of both side.
My Questions -
a. Is 1 personal identification enough? Or should I provide multiple?
b. What are some examples of personal identifications?
c. Is PR Card considered personal identification?

2. From Application for Canadian Citizenship form CIT0002 -
Question 11 on the form -
Enter details of your employment and education history during the eligibility period below. Be sure to provide information for the entire eligibility period. If there are gaps or missing periods, your application will be returned to you. (This is a table to be filled out)
My Question -
I have listed all the employments & Unemployment for the entire eligibility period.
However, for Year 2017 I had a personal business as well along-with my job. Should I indicate personal business on the form as well? If I do so, I will have 2 entries for same time period in 2017. Is it OK to have that?

I really appreciate all replies in advance!
Thanks for the help.

sandhuhar

Apr 27, 2010
Hi All,

I'm eligible to apply for Canadian citizenship. I've partially filled my application form as well.

Photocopy of personal identification, it must have your name, photo and date of birth on it. If there is information on both sides of your personal identification documents, provide a photocopy of both side.
My Questions -
a. Is 1 personal identification enough? Or should I provide multiple? ( if they ask for one provide 1 or PR Card & DL are most commonly used)
b. What are some examples of personal identifications?PR Card , DL Card , Any Govt issed ID which bears the Photo, DOB and name.
c. Is PR Card considered personal identification? Yes

Enter details of your employment and education history during the eligibility period below. Be sure to provide information for the entire eligibility period. If there are gaps or missing periods, your application will be returned to you. (This is a table to be filled out)
My Question -
I have listed all the employments & Unemployment for the entire eligibility period.
However, for Year 2017 I had a personal business as well along-with my job. Should I indicate personal business on the form as well? If I do so, I will have 2 entries for same time period in 2017. Is it OK to have that? The point is not to miss any period , yes u need to mention the botn

Thanks for the help.

KRP

Jan 13, 2012
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
01/02/2011
While putting Unemployed in one column put Active job search in next column as the officer would like to know what you were doing in the unemployment period .
2 entries in same period i.e overlapping is fine.
Declaring self employment is also fine.

Mrs.KOR

Feb 22, 2014
Hi All,

My Questions -

My Question -
However, for Year 2017 I had a personal business as well along-with my job. Should I indicate personal business on the form as well? If I do so, I will have 2 entries for same time period in 2017. Is it OK to have that?

Thanks for the help.

Hi - I have the same question you posted here for working two jobs at the same time. How did you enter that in the form? Thanks

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hi - I have the same question you posted here for working two jobs at the same time. How did you enter that in the form? Thanks
Well, put both jobs with a date for each, there's no issue if the dates overlap. They will figure it out. Something like :
May 2015 - July 2017 : Job 1
April 2016 - December 2016 : Job 2

Reactions: Mrs.KOR

Sarani

Mar 15, 2018
Hi All,

My Questions -

My Question -

Thanks for the help.
Dear UPPI,

For point 1, from my own experience, do not count PR card as a valid personal identification. You may include: driving lic. and health card (both sides). For point 2. be as comprehensive as possible and do not leave any gap of more than 1 month.
Best of luck!
Hi All,

My Questions -

My Question -

Thanks for the help.

harry96

Star Member
Feb 27, 2013
Dear UPPI,

For point 1, from my own experience, do not count PR card as a valid personal identification. You may include: driving lic. and health card (both sides). For point 2. be as comprehensive as possible and do not leave any gap of more than 1 month.
Best of luck!
Hey regarding your point 2, you mentioned don't leave any gaps of more than a month. I sent my application today and unfortunately forgot to mention the one month period between my studies and first job. Studies ended in Jan, Job started in March. Just noticed that and now I am wondering what are the chances that my application will be sent back to me although that whole period was even before I became PR.