+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Application Q 6D

jawadahmed6065

Star Member
Jul 7, 2010
Hi,
I am filling in the citizenship application and needs some guidance regarding question 6 D.
In my case, I was having the Dubai, UAE permanent residency and the visa was stamped in Jul, 2010. I came for landing and became permanent resident of Canada in Sep 2010 and went back to Dubai in Oct 2010. Lived in Dubai till may 2011, then got my residence visa cancelled and then came to Canada permanently in Jul 2011.

In the application it states:
Q. 6D. Do you have permanent residence of any other country? If yes, list the country and provide the date you acquired this status

In the application guide, it states:
Question 6D: Write if you obtained permanent residence in another country since becoming a permanent resident of Canada. If yes, list the country (countries) and the date you obtained this status.

What should I write in the answer?
No: as I do not have any permanent residency of any other country as of today (referring to #1 above) and I did not get any new permanent residency visa since becoming permanent resident of Canada in Sep 2010. I already had it.
Yes: as I lived there Oct 2010-May2011; If the answer is yes, what should I write in date acquired the status? Jul 2010 (when permanent residency visa stamped) or Oct 2010 (when I started living there since becoming a PR of Canada)?

Many thanks.

hoping_canadian

Jun 20, 2014
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jawadahmed6065 said:
Hi,
I am filling in the citizenship application and needs some guidance regarding question 6 D.
In my case, I was having the Dubai, UAE permanent residency and the visa was stamped in Jul, 2010. I came for landing and became permanent resident of Canada in Sep 2010 and went back to Dubai in Oct 2010. Lived in Dubai till may 2011, then got my residence visa cancelled and then came to Canada permanently in Jul 2011.

In the application it states:
Q. 6D. Do you have permanent residence of any other country? If yes, list the country and provide the date you acquired this status

In the application guide, it states:
Question 6D: Write if you obtained permanent residence in another country since becoming a permanent resident of Canada. If yes, list the country (countries) and the date you obtained this status.

What should I write in the answer?
No: as I do not have any permanent residency of any other country as of today (referring to #1 above) and I did not get any new permanent residency visa since becoming permanent resident of Canada in Sep 2010. I already had it.
Yes: as I lived there Oct 2010-May2011; If the answer is yes, what should I write in date acquired the status? Jul 2010 (when permanent residency visa stamped) or Oct 2010 (when I started living there since becoming a PR of Canada)?

Many thanks.
Hi

You should say No to the 6D Q. since you are holding only permanent residence in Canada

You are a permanent residence since you land July 2010.

You know what, we have exactly the same case. I land in Canada July 2010, went back to Dubai for like 4 months to cancel my visa and file my resignation. Went back to Canada. I file my applications November 2013 for citizenship. For those questions I mentioned that I dont have any permanent residence in any country. But I explained in the form that i landed on 2010 and return to Dubai to cancel my visa and went back to Canada for good. . So far everything is OK my application is approved and I will have my oath soon.

Goodluck

jawadahmed6065

Star Member
Jul 7, 2010
Thank you. And Congratulations for getting approved and all the best for Oath.

hoping_canadian said:
Hi

You should say No to the 6D Q. since you are holding only permanent residence in Canada

You are a permanent residence since you land July 2010.

You know what, we have exactly the same case. I land in Canada July 2010, went back to Dubai for like 4 months to cancel my visa and file my resignation. Went back to Canada. I file my applications November 2013 for citizenship. For those questions I mentioned that I dont have any permanent residence in any country. But I explained in the form that i landed on 2010 and return to Dubai to cancel my visa and went back to Canada for good. . So far everything is OK my application is approved and I will have my oath soon.

Goodluck

Goldline

Mar 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The question is about the present not the past : DO YOU HAVE. So logically the answer in your case is NO, because you HAD it but not anymore