NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2014
AOR Received.
22-02-2014
Hello,

My wife is outside of Canada and would like to apply for citizenship. Her all other requirements including physical presence are complete.
Can someone please confirm if the online application can be submitted outside of Canada or not? Your prompt reply will be much appreciated.

Thanks

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hello,

My wife is outside of Canada and would like to apply for citizenship. Her all other requirements including physical presence are complete.
Can someone please confirm if the online application can be submitted outside of Canada or not? Your prompt reply will be much appreciated.

Thanks
You need to be in Canada to submit your application. Physical presence calculator won't accept you being outside of Canada while doing the submission.

okbangaram

Star Member
Apr 30, 2015
The only criterion for physical presence is 3 years out of 5 years (1095 days) during the eligibility period.

Read here for more info:
https://maxcanvisa.com/blog/2022/01/28/applying-for-citizenship-from-overseas/

I submitted my application from outside Canada. I was called for a citizenship interview and I told him that I applied from outside Canada. He had no issue with that. My physical presence calculations were missing some trips so he later emailed me CBSA entries and asked me to resubmit my physical presence. So, I am still waiting for the physical presence to be marked complete.

I used the eligibility period start date to mark the start of the first entry and the end date of the eligibility period to mark the end date of the final entry in the online physical presence calculator. Just make sure the application has enough buffer days.

If you want to be more certain you can call up IRCC and get the confirmation.

balalmughal

Star Member
Jun 17, 2013
Cranbrook, Canada
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2014
AOR Received.
22-02-2014
Thanks for the reply
The only criterion for physical presence is 3 years out of 5 years (1095 days) during the eligibility period.

Read here for more info:
https://maxcanvisa.com/blog/2022/01/28/applying-for-citizenship-from-overseas/

I submitted my application from outside Canada. I was called for a citizenship interview and I told him that I applied from outside Canada. He had no issue with that. My physical presence calculations were missing some trips so he later emailed me CBSA entries and asked me to resubmit my physical presence. So, I am still waiting for the physical presence to be marked complete.

I used the eligibility period start date to mark the start of the first entry and the end date of the eligibility period to mark the end date of the final entry in the online physical presence calculator. Just make sure the application has enough buffer days.

If you want to be more certain you can call up IRCC and get the confirmation.
When did you submit the application