+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship application in August 2017

navaabali

Jul 28, 2017
hi all,
creating this thread to gather all the members or anyone who wants to share his/her experience for citizenship or provide some guidance.

i am planning to apply in aug 2017 after 2nd week. anyone else or perhaps anyone can update any processing time or what about the new law will it slow down the process ?

any feedback in this regard would be highly appriciated

navaabali

Jul 28, 2017
i would also make a record and will try to provide to all of you to just see how things are moving in terms of time and responses and status of each without any names just info.

luckyroyal

Star Member
Dec 21, 2012
App. Filed.......
31-07-2017
LANDED..........
24-Apr-2013
Hi,
Thanks for creating the thread. I am ready with my file, Posting on July 31st. Once I post my application, will provide the full details. Like other threads should appreciate to an excel sheet for Aug'17 applicansts

pavan.bolli

Dec 14, 2012
Hi,
I sent my application for citizenship below are the timelines
Application sent: 12/july/2017.
Tracking info Canada post : received it on 17/July/2017
Waiting for the next step.

swapno

Star Member
Jun 26, 2012
Planning to send my application in August. Happy to see this thread. Starting another awaited journey soon. Thanks for creating this. Good luck to all August applicants.

Reactions: alsaour

luckyroyal

Star Member
Dec 21, 2012
App. Filed.......
31-07-2017
LANDED..........
24-Apr-2013
Application sent : JULY 31
Received by CIC :
Type : Family (myself and son)
Physical presence : 1470
Thanks

marcher

Mar 30, 2016
Anyone knows what is the average period of time CIC is currently taking to complete an application? It was about 4 months before, but it appears to have increased lately.

parisien

Mar 24, 2012
Alberta
App. Filed.......
17-11-2011
Doc's Request.
23-03-2012 along with RPRF
AOR Received.
17-01-2012
File Transfer...
20-01-2012
Med's Done....
01-11-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10-05-2012 .... SUBMITTED ON 14TH MAY
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2012
LANDED..........
19-05-2012
Depends on case to case usually 4 to 8 mo
Anyone knows what is the average period of time CIC is currently taking to complete an application? It was about 4 months before, but it appears to have increased lately.
Depends on case to case usually 4 to 8 months if everything is good in application but if require finger prints then bit longer I believe so and in my case finger prints were required ... see my time line.
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on February 9, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canadaon February 20, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on February 23, 2017.
  4. We sent you correspondence on March 29, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. We sent you a notice on July 31, 2017 to appear and write the citizenship test on August 31, 2017 at 7:45 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

marcher

Mar 30, 2016
Depends on case to case usually 4 to 8 mo

Depends on case to case usually 4 to 8 months if everything is good in application but if require finger prints then bit longer I believe so and in my case finger prints were required ... see my time line.
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on February 9, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canadaon February 20, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on February 23, 2017.
  4. We sent you correspondence on March 29, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. We sent you a notice on July 31, 2017 to appear and write the citizenship test on August 31, 2017 at 7:45 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
Merci parisien.. that seems to be the case back in February, but it appears to have slightly changed lately. I just wonder what will happen when 3/5 kicks in; if they are already slowing down before that happening. Anyways, it just means longer wait I suppose :)

agshaheryar

May 24, 2012
Faisalabad
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-07-2009
Doc's Request.
03-09-2009
AOR Received.
24-12-2009
IELTS Request
Sent with Full Docs
File Transfer...
30-06-2010
Med's Request
16-03-2012
Med's Done....
26-04-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR1 01-11-2012 & PPR2 16-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2012
LANDED..........
April 02, 2013
Merci parisien.. that seems to be the case back in February, but it appears to have slightly changed lately. I just wonder what will happen when 3/5 kicks in; if they are already slowing down before that happening. Anyways, it just means longer wait I suppose :)
Certain offices have bulk of cases so they take more time like Mississauga

agshaheryar

May 24, 2012
Faisalabad
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-07-2009
Doc's Request.
03-09-2009
AOR Received.
24-12-2009
IELTS Request
Sent with Full Docs
File Transfer...
30-06-2010
Med's Request
16-03-2012
Med's Done....
26-04-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR1 01-11-2012 & PPR2 16-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2012
LANDED..........
April 02, 2013
Application sent: July 31
Rcvd : August 02
Signed by: MK

luckyroyal

Star Member
Dec 21, 2012
App. Filed.......
31-07-2017
LANDED..........
24-Apr-2013
Update:
Application sent : JULY 31st 2017
Received by CIC : AUG 3rd 2017
Type : Family (myself and son)
Physical presence : 1470
PS: Looking for someone to create the excel sheet and maintain the same.( I can't due to no laptop/desktop at home and at work no access to google docs)
Thanks

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Mi

Mississauga? Aren't all applications sent to Sydney, NS to start with?
While I am not sure about the previously offered explanation for why, it is correct that some local offices are slower than others. I am not sure it is correct that the Mississauga office is slower than most. Historically, timelines for local offices have varied relative to one another. The only one I have noticed to be slower than most, more often, is Montreal. Mississauga has been, at times, among the faster-known offices and, at other times, among the slowest (the latter particularly during the peak of the fraud crack-down, the epicenter of which was in Mississauga itself).

While all applications are sent to Sydney, yes "to start with," the actual processing of the application is done in the local office. And timelines from one office to another vary.

The CPC in Sydney receives the application, screens it for completeness, loads the application formally into GCMS (thus putting the application into process), and initiates the referrals for background checks from RCMP and CSIS (those clearances to be sent to local office). It is also likely (although IRCC does not reveal much at all about this stage of internal processing) that triage screening for risk indicators is also done in Sydney before the application is transferred to the local office (this used to for sure be a step done in Sydney, but we have seen little indication of pre-test RQs coming out of Sydney in the last year so it is not certain that is still done in Sydney).

In any event, it is the local office which processes the application, reviews and assesses the applicant and the application, schedules the test and interview, and conducts any non-routine process triggered along the way. Scheduling for and administration of the oath also takes place in the local office.

Reactions: rqhr and mweiner

marcher

Mar 30, 2016
While I am not sure about the previously offered explanation for why, it is correct that some local offices are slower than others. I am not sure it is correct that the Mississauga office is slower than most. Historically, timelines for local offices have varied relative to one another. The only one I have noticed to be slower than most, more often, is Montreal. Mississauga has been, at times, among the faster-known offices and, at other times, among the slowest (the latter particularly during the peak of the fraud crack-down, the epicenter of which was in Mississauga itself).

While all applications are sent to Sydney, yes "to start with," the actual processing of the application is done in the local office. And timelines from one office to another vary.

The CPC in Sydney receives the application, screens it for completeness, loads the application formally into GCMS (thus putting the application into process), and initiates the referrals for background checks from RCMP and CSIS (those clearances to be sent to local office). It is also likely (although IRCC does not reveal much at all about this stage of internal processing) that triage screening for risk indicators is also done in Sydney before the application is transferred to the local office (this used to for sure be a step done in Sydney, but we have seen little indication of pre-test RQs coming out of Sydney in the last year so it is not certain that is still done in Sydney).

In any event, it is the local office which processes the application, reviews and assesses the applicant and the application, schedules the test and interview, and conducts any non-routine process triggered along the way. Scheduling for and administration of the oath also takes place in the local office.
Thanks for the explanation. Is there any link that shows which local office one will go through? Especially for those living in remote towns?

Reactions: Rumi64