+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Application Identification Card and Proof of Language Questions

jithucan123

Feb 19, 2015
Hello guys,

We were filling the Citizenship form of my wife. For the supporting documents, my wife doesn't have a Driver's License but she have Identification Card which was issued by Provincial Government (Government of Alberta). Can we submit this Identification Card as Identification? We are also attaching her Health Card, PR Card and COPR with the Application

Could you guys please let us know whether these documents would be okay?

My wife has done her Bachelor of Nurse from India and the Medium of Instruction was English. So we are planning to attach her graduation certificate as language evidence. Does it work?

Please share your thoughts.

Thanks in advance

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hello guys,

We were filling the Citizenship form of my wife. For the supporting documents, my wife doesn't have a Driver's License but she have Identification Card which was issued by Provincial Government (Government of Alberta). Can we submit this Identification Card as Identification? We are also attaching her Health Card, PR Card and COPR with the Application

Could you guys please let us know whether these documents would be okay?

My wife has done her Bachelor of Nurse from India and the Medium of Instruction was English. So we are planning to attach her graduation certificate as language evidence. Does it work?

Please share your thoughts.

Thanks in advance
No need to attach COPR. All others are acceptable identity documents.

If you have letter from university that the medium of instruction was English or on the degree certificate then it works. Otherwise it may not work as only certificate does not prove the medium of instruction as India has other languages too.

Reactions: jithucan123

jithucan123

Feb 19, 2015
No need to attach COPR. All others are acceptable identity documents.

If you have letter from university that the medium of instruction was English or on the degree certificate then it works. Otherwise it may not work as only certificate does not prove the medium of instruction as India has other languages too.

Thank you so much