+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship application: How to identify time periods for different addresses

perrier

Aug 19, 2013
I was wondering if someone who has already filed their citizenship application or planning to do it like I do, would give me a peace of advice on how to identify time periods for different addresses.

For example: I left Canada on 21 of April -2013 in the evening and left to Poland. I arrived to Poland on 23 of April, 2013.

Should I allocate this time period-: from 12 March-2012 to 21 of April -2013- to Canadian Address

and this time period- 23 of April -2013 to some date - to Polish Address

I have two concerns here: first, I left Canada in the evening of 21st of April-2013 . Should I allocate this day to living in Canada or to living in Poland?

Second, one day is missing: 22 of April, 2013: I spent this day flying and waiting in the airport for a connecting flight to Poland. What I should do this this date and which address I should attach it to?

Thank you very much for your help and feedback

vias

Star Member
Aug 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I Came across similar situation....I guess most of them who are applying for Citizenship.

I have filled my application based on the Stamping dates in my passport , example April 20th Stamping at Canada Airport while going & May 10th another stamping at Canada airport while coming in ...........

In this Case I used Canada address up to April 19th ...... From April 20th to May 10th Used Abroad address .............From May 11 I used Canada Address ................

I wanted to be sure for the Days i picked in Canada , So I didn't Consider my stamping days at Canada Airport ........ This is how i did, I may be wrong .......lets wait for some seniors member to answer

perrier

Aug 19, 2013
I called Call Centre and they told me that if I depart Canada on 21 of April, I should still allocate this day to my stay Canada.

OKK

Jun 22, 2013
perrier said:
I was wondering if someone who has already filed their citizenship application or planning to do it like I do, would give me a peace of advice on how to identify time periods for different addresses.

For example: I left Canada on 21 of April -2013 in the evening and left to Poland. I arrived to Poland on 23 of April, 2013.

Should I allocate this time period-: from 12 March-2012 to 21 of April -2013- to Canadian Address

and this time period- 23 of April -2013 to some date - to Polish Address

I have two concerns here: first, I left Canada in the evening of 21st of April-2013 . Should I allocate this day to living in Canada or to living in Poland?

Second, one day is missing: 22 of April, 2013: I spent this day flying and waiting in the airport for a connecting flight to Poland. What I should do this this date and which address I should attach it to?

Thank you very much for your help and feedback
You was out of Canada on the 21st so obviously you was in Canada till the 20th. There is no day missing as 2nd was in transit and on the 23rd you were in Poland.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For PR residency requirements, they let you keep both travel days as in Canada but for citizenship it is generally only 1 so if you count your days in Canada, you arrive at your leaving date and count that too but your coming back date, you do not count as a day in Canada, you count it as a day in the country you were leaving from.

Days spent completely in transit after you leave Canada do not count as days spent in Canada.

Silver77

Star Member
Dec 31, 2012
Instead of ay problem. i should suggest you apply 2 weeks after you re filling your 1095 days..Just give some room in order to get RQ.