+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship application help

Malar2019

Sep 3, 2019
I need to apply for citizenship, I was in work permit before I became a PR. My work permit expired before I got my PR, hence my company filed for a renewal and I got the work permit renewed. There is a 1 month difference between my expired work permit and start date of my new work permit.

I was inside Canada during the work permit renewal.

Should I exclude this 1 month when I fill my presence calculator?

sydcarton

Sep 4, 2015
I need to apply for citizenship, I was in work permit before I became a PR. My work permit expired before I got my PR, hence my company filed for a renewal and I got the work permit renewed. There is a 1 month difference between my expired work permit and start date of my new work permit.

Yes, you should! If there are any missing months, they will return your application. The 1-month gap when you were in Canada means you were on "implied status" while waiting for your new work permit. There is no option to choose implied status in the physical presence calculator but you can mention this in your application when they ask you to list all periods of employment, education, etc.

last_try

Feb 14, 2017

Don't need to exclude... Even when you are in implied status you are allowed to work and it can be counted for eligibility.