+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship application for child born in Canada

itzzamit

Mar 2, 2015
Hi Folks,

I'm looking to apply citizenship for my family (me, wife, 2 sons). One son holds a PR status aged 4 and other son 11 months old is born in Canada.
As I was looking the fill up the form for my Canadian born son, there is no section for birth certificate etc? A lot of questions that were application to my older son are not applicable for 11 months old. I'm filling the Cit0003e form.
Am in filling the correct form? or there is another form.
Searched CIC but didnot get a conclusive answer.
I appreciate your suggestions and insights.

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
If your 11 months old son is born in Canada, is a citizen already you just need his Canadian birth certificate. If you have his birth certificate which I believe you have you can apply directly for his Canadian passport if you want. Form CIT003 is for minor pr applying with a parent. In your case, you need to apply for citizenship only for you, your wife, and your 4 years old son.

itzzamit

Mar 2, 2015
If your 11 months old son is born in Canada, is a citizen already you just need his Canadian birth certificate. If you have his birth certificate which I believe you have you can apply directly for his Canadian passport if you want. Form CIT003 is for minor pr applying with a parent. In your case, you need to apply for citizenship only for you, your wife, and your 4 years old son.
Thanks for your review and advice, while I was looking, this is one that fits what you said
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/children/apply.html
In that case, the 11 months old application is separate from (me, my wife and 4 years old son)
The processing timelines will also differ. Is my understanding correct?

bluffmaster88

Jun 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for your review and advice, while I was looking, this is one that fits what you said
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/children/apply.html
In that case, the 11 months old application is separate from (me, my wife and 4 years old son)
You don't need to send an application for your 11 months old child. He is already a Canadian citizen.

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
You need to understand that, these are two separate processes. You are applying for citizenship for you, your wife, and 4 yo son not a Canadian passport.
Once you have been granted citizenship then you can apply for a Canadian passport. Your 11 months old son is already a citizen no need to apply for him. For now focus on applying for you,wife, and son ( send only 3 applications ). Do not worry about your baby he is Canadian already. Use form CIT003 for your pr son and CIT0002 form for you and your wife.