+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Application for Canadian Armed Forces Jobs

rubz9911

Star Member
Feb 1, 2019
Hello fellow immigration community members,

I wanted to find out if you want to join Canadian Armed Forces with no prior millitary experience,
1. Would you be able to apply for urgent processing after sending out the application for normal processing?
2. If yes, you have to apply after you receive AOR or you could apply before as well?
3. If anyone has applied before, please guide how the process looks like and what are the additional documents required.

Please post your valuable feedbacks, opinions and ideas if you know or have experienced this type of situation before.
Thanks in advace & appreciate your inputs!

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Hello fellow immigration community members,

I wanted to find out if you want to join Canadian Armed Forces with no prior millitary experience,
1. Would you be able to apply for urgent processing after sending out the application for normal processing?
2. If yes, you have to apply after you receive AOR or you could apply before as well?
3. If anyone has applied before, please guide how the process looks like and what are the additional documents required.

Please post your valuable feedbacks, opinions and ideas if you know or have experienced this type of situation before.
Thanks in advace & appreciate your inputs!
I guess you are looking for specifics for a specific case like this one...but I don't think it's any different from any other request for urgent processing just because you are joining the CAF with no prior experience.
All the answers to your questions are on the website:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/apply/urgently.html

It's possible to request for urgent processing in the initial package or after sending the application.

Documents: any proof of your acceptance to CAF and documentation that citizenship is required for the role, even if you have to print out pages from the CAF website about the job posting, etc.

Reactions: rubz9911

rubz9911

Star Member
Feb 1, 2019
Hello bellaluna,

Thanks for your reply.
As per CAF jobs website, no one can start the job application if they are not Canadian Citizen unless they have previously served in the military or have specilaized military skills such as experience working with advanced weapons or defence systems, and recognized their skills with local CAF recruiting center and then they will provide a Recognition Code which allows to fillout online job application. Unfortunately, it doen't apply in my case so do you think applying for urgent processing would be a better idea(I have applied for normal processing but no AOR yet) or may be just wait another year untill I receive my Citizenship Certificate?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Hello bellaluna,

Thanks for your reply.
As per CAF jobs website, no one can start the job application if they are not Canadian Citizen unless they have previously served in the military or have specilaized military skills such as experience working with advanced weapons or defence systems, and recognized their skills with local CAF recruiting center and then they will provide a Recognition Code which allows to fillout online job application. Unfortunately, it doen't apply in my case so do you think applying for urgent processing would be a better idea(I have applied for normal processing but no AOR yet) or may be just wait another year untill I receive my Citizenship Certificate?
i’ve also been interested in federal jobs that have a hard requirement on citizenship and residency, because it means Canada can do its own background check for sensitive security positions. I understand why those measures are in place for CAF jobs.

you can certainly try to request for urgent processing in your case, with a follow-up letter and I guess details of your situation. There’s no fee, and the worst that can happen is that your application is processed normally.

Flandernss

Mar 5, 2019
This Urgent Processing is such a catch 22. They say you need a letter of the potential employer stating they want to hire you if you get the citizenship. However, you can't even apply for these positions without having citizenship already granted.

Go figure.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
This Urgent Processing is such a catch 22. They say you need a letter of the potential employer stating they want to hire you if you get the citizenship. However, you can't even apply for these positions without having citizenship already granted.

Go figure.
While you can't apply for the job position, you could get a letter from the employer stating that they want to hire you but cannot offer you the position until you get citizenship, but even that is hard to come by. It's possible if the employer actually knew you before the position opened up and could write a letter for you on your behalf.