+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship application: error in mailing address by IRCC

migrant-seeker

Star Member
May 21, 2012
Please I need your help and advice.

I received my AOR from IRCC last Frdiday by email (3 emails: myself, my wife and my Son) and they have attached the AOR letters to their email. Great news.

When I checked the status online it showed me 'application received' but I found an error made by IRCC in the online status:

They put our home address correct as I wrote it exactly in our citizenship application but I found out that they put a 'mailing address' which is wrong although that in our application I checked the box that our mailing address is the same as our home address. The AOR letter which was attached to IRCC AOR email included our 'home address' not the wrong 'mailing address' which IRCC put online but still the online status of IRCC is showing two addresses 'home address' and 'mailing address'.

My concern is that IRCC might be sending their letters and documents to the wrong 'mailing address' instead of 'home address' so what I should do? How to fix that? shall I write to IRCC that the mailing address is wrong? Is there a form which I have to fill out and submit to correct the error made by IRCC?

I appreciate your help and support.

Redfield

Mar 9, 2017
You can change your address in the tracking tool if it's the same as the PR tracking tool. Also you can contact them and have them update your mailing address

bubulici

Star Member
Mar 31, 2016
Exactly same issue here, but I am choosing to ignore it as the correct address appears on AOR letter. Must be a glitch in how their systems are syncing with each other. Ecas has proven highly unreliable ever since PR app. Of course, the hard evidence will be if/when I receive 1st letter in mail..

vincentca

Mar 3, 2019
I made a call to cic. They told me my latest address is the only address in my profile. My old address was somehow shown as mailing address in ECAS. They will fix it. I once used the same online account for my PR application and I guessed it’s the reason my old address was there.

Reactions: k300k3

corsair85

Jun 1, 2016
Hello guys, I have the same problem with my home address vs mailing address is different, this affect the process time? I changed through the website.

paul2587

Star Member
Jan 1, 2013
NS
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........

I received my AOR from IRCC last Frdiday by email (3 emails: myself, my wife and my Son) and they have attached the AOR letters to their email. Great news.

When I checked the status online it showed me 'application received' but I found an error made by IRCC in the online status:

They put our home address correct as I wrote it exactly in our citizenship application but I found out that they put a 'mailing address' which is wrong although that in our application I checked the box that our mailing address is the same as our home address. The AOR letter which was attached to IRCC AOR email included our 'home address' not the wrong 'mailing address' which IRCC put online but still the online status of IRCC is showing two addresses 'home address' and 'mailing address'.

My concern is that IRCC might be sending their letters and documents to the wrong 'mailing address' instead of 'home address' so what I should do? How to fix that? shall I write to IRCC that the mailing address is wrong? Is there a form which I have to fill out and submit to correct the error made by IRCC?

I also had the same issue. I just changed the address online and the update appeared with the correct address about a week later in ECAS. Much easier to do it online than to call CIC unless your address is outside of Canada.

vincentca

Mar 3, 2019
Hello guys, I have the same problem with my home address vs mailing address is different, this affect the process time? I changed through the website.
Shouldn’t be affected. I called CIC to update it and it just took 2-3 days to reflect the change in ECAS.

Reactions: corsair85

HDR

Nov 10, 2014

I have exactly the same issue. Can you guide on what to do or what did you do in this case?
For my child's application I just gave the home address and didn't give any mailing address. I thought they would use the same. In the online portal, the home address appears correct. However, it shows a different mailing address (old address which I did not provide in the application package). I don't know where they got it from. How do I change it? Online update or just a call? What number to call?

Appreciate your prompt guidance on this.

niketh90

Oct 3, 2016
I had the exact same issue. But I had a Change current mailing address button below it .I changed it using that. They said it will take 15 days for address to reflect on portal. Probably use the webform to contact CIC
WebForm