+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

citizenship application documentation help!

marina_quelle

Star Member
Mar 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2015
AOR Received.
04-02-2015
Med's Done....
06-01-2015
Hi guys,

I am 24 years old (born in 1987) and I was born in the United Kingdom to a Canadian citizen. My mom and my siblings obtained citizenship via naturalisation in 1984. My mom has been a canadian citizen (passport holder) ever since.

I have decided to immigrate to Canada, and I am applying for citizenship through my mom, on the basis that she was a candian citizen before I was born, thus I have the right to obtain Canadian citizenship also. Currently, I am a British citizen and always have been.

My questions are:

1) The application for the citizenship certificate asks for proof that mother was a canadian citizen when I was born. What documents would they require for this?

2) The application also asks 2 pieces of personal identification such as a drivers licence and a health insurance card. Where I'm living, my health insurance card has no photographic ID on it whatsoever. What could I send in replacement of this? My passport?

Kazakhstan

Star Member
Jan 12, 2012
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/CIT0001ETOC.asp

So here's the official checklist of supporting documentation to submit along with your application:

- A birth certificate which lists your parents (issued by responsible government authorities in the country where you were born)

- Proof that one or both of your natural parents were Canadian citizens when you were born

Such as: 1) Canadian passport, 2) Canadian citizenship certificate, 3) Birth certificate (if born in Canada).

- Two (2) pieces of personal identification, such as a driver's licence and a health insurance card, one of which must have your photo on it.

So, basically, any two government-issued IDs (or more if you wish) with at least one of them bearing your photo and signature... Driver's Licence and/or Passport, Health Insurance Card or whatever else you have.

- Other documents, such as a marriage certificate/divorce certificate and/or a legal name change certificate (if applicable)

marina_quelle

Star Member
Mar 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2015
AOR Received.
04-02-2015