+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

citizenship and child support

ramadan

Jul 23, 2013
HI
i have been in Canada for 4 years an couple months and now im thinking of applying for my citizenship .i was married and have a child with my x wife ,and i think she is filling for child support ,i haven't received an order from court to pay yet .but i may just don't know when .my concern is will that affect my application.

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ramadan said:
HI
i have been in canada for 4 years an couple months and now im thinking of applying for my citizenship .i was married and have a kid with my x wife ,and i think she is filling for child support ,i haven't received an order from court to pay yet .but i may just don't know when .my concern is with not paying child support with affect my application or will my application be returned to me .how that works
any help or suggestion
Thank you
Ramadan, I do not know the particulars of your situation, nor is it any of my business, but it seems there is a more important issue at stake here than your citizenship.

OKK

Jun 22, 2013
eileenf said:
Ramadan, I do not know the particulars of your situation, nor is it any of my business, but it seems there is a more important issue at stake here than your citizenship.
I agree with eileenf....no offense dude but i would sort out my family issues 1st...However you can consult a lawyer

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ramadan said:
HI
i have been in Canada for 4 years an couple months and now im thinking of applying for my citizenship .i was married and have a child with my x wife ,and i think she is filling for child support ,i haven't received an order from court to pay yet .but i may just don't know when .my concern is will that affect my application.
As per previous comments this is obviously a family issue and there is always the moral as well as legal obligation to support your child. From a Citizenship perspective if the child support issue results in the law being broken and if this ends up as a legislative bar in the Citizenship Act then your application won't proceed. Good luck and without wanting to lecture its important to put the child first - with respect its the fair and right thing to do IMHO.

ramadan

Jul 23, 2013
you are not in my situation and clearly you don't know what you talking about .i have no idea where my child is in other word she like run away with my child ,paying child support i would with pleasure but i cant pay for something i don't see ,without going in details .please next time if you cant answer a question its better to keep quiet .and go to the next post .no offense dudes.but my question was .will child support issue affect your application .either you know the answer or not . :-X

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ramadan said:
you are not in my situation and clearly you don't know what you talking about .i have no idea where my child is in other word she like run away with my child ,paying child support i would with pleasure but i cant pay for something i don't see ,without going in details .please next time if you cant answer a question its better to keep quiet .and go to the next post .no offense dudes.but my question was .will child support issue affect your application .either you know the answer or not . :-X
Here are the facts

1. You have no idea where your child is
2. She ran away with your child, so basically she could be in Canada or she could be out of Canada, you dont know that either
3. You dont know if she has applied for child support

Here is my suggestion

Stop worrying about things you dont have control over and start worrying about things you can control. Just apply for citizenship and worry about the other mess in your personal life later. In Canada there is a disengagement between, immigration, police service, social service, etc. So why not take advantage of this opportunity.

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ramadan said:
i cant pay for something i don't see
This may be a linguistic issue, but it seems you may be referring to your child as a "thing", which is very disrespectful in English.
More to the point however, in many countries including Canada, the responsibility to pay child support is unrelated to any visitation rights.

ramadan

Jul 23, 2013
Thanx newtone thats all i need it to know beside that i already contacted a lawyer that im gonna meet soon .