+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizen Application - Edmonton Office.

hamedm

Nov 19, 2010
1. Sent Citizenship application (gran) On September 28, 2018
2. Received AOR - October, 27, 2018.
3. Received the Citizenship Knowledge test on December 19, 2017.
4. Appeared for test Citizenship knowledge test on January 8, 2018.
5. Citizenship Knowledge test - Passed. ( it is very simple one and you must know about the Canadian history.)
6. The officer, requested me to send documentation to prove my residence.
7. Sent requested documentation on Feb 20, 2018.
8. Since then I am waiting for the Oath.

is any body else also in the same boat as me, it would be great to hear similar story, so that i could gauge the timelines of Edmonton office.

SATDXB

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Aug-09
Doc's Request.
02-Oct-09
File Transfer...
06-Oct-09
Med's Request
18-08-10
Med's Done....
09-09-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-01-2011 - Passport sent on 22-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-04-2011
LANDED..........
19th May 2011- Thanks to Almighty!
1. Sent Citizenship application (gran) On September 28, 2018
2. Received AOR - October, 27, 2018.
3. Received the Citizenship Knowledge test on December 19, 2017.
4. Appeared for test Citizenship knowledge test on January 8, 2018.
5. Citizenship Knowledge test - Passed. ( it is very simple one and you must know about the Canadian history.)
6. The officer, requested me to send documentation to prove my residence.
7. Sent requested documentation on Feb 20, 2018.
8. Since then I am waiting for the Oath.

is any body else also in the same boat as me, it would be great to hear similar story, so that i could gauge the timelines of Edmonton office.
Hi, check the below spread sheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16cfQUVB3j56QktacolbsAxpNlOrvk2uFGZzm_ZFCnfg

Reactions: hamedm

hamedm

Nov 19, 2010
Last edited:

robreeves

Jun 24, 2014
Thanks you "Champion", appreciate your response

I submitted my documents to Edmonton office to prove my residence in Canada. i.e. reply to query (on Feb 20, 2018), it is almost 12 weeks (84 days),

I was just wondering, do you have any idea about how much more time they could take to give me Oath date?
Obviously no one will know how much time the Edmonton Office will take but i think all those waiting in Edmonton can agree its a slow process at that office. I am in a similar boat to you where they waiting on a "background check" that they will not give me any details on whether its a domestic check or an international check. The only response i was given was "Don't worry, its just a formality and you just need to be patient." It looks like there is an oath ceremony on the 28th May so maybe you'll get an invite to that one!

Reactions: hamedm

hamedm

Nov 19, 2010
Obviously no one will know how much time the Edmonton Office will take but i think all those waiting in Edmonton can agree its a slow process at that office. I am in a similar boat to you where they waiting on a "background check" that they will not give me any details on whether its a domestic check or an international check. The only response i was given was "Don't worry, its just a formality and you just need to be patient." It looks like there is an oath ceremony on the 28th May so maybe you'll get an invite to that one!
Have you received any response yet on your file.

gee777

Jul 3, 2018
I have my Oath Ceremony on July 17 at 12:30pm. Anyone else have same time in here? DM May 22, 2018.

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 16, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October 23, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on November 8, 2017.
  4. We sent you correspondence on November 17, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. We sent you a notice on April 23, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on May 21, 2018 at 12:30 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  6. We sent you a notice on June 26, 2018 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on July 17, 2018 at 12:30 PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

BellRanger

Jun 26, 2014
I also in the same boat. I was asked to submit some documents as well after I had my test and an interview on March 12th. I didn’t hear anything after that. I am wondering if they ask for additional documents, may be they put our file back in the line and then may be start reviewing it again ? Just my own assumption.