+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIT 0520 Time of 45 days to submit Entry/Exit record

e.chad

Jan 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Question, I got Cit 0520 on Aug 27 and was given 45 days to produce the USA Exit/Entry record, i applied for Foia record(Can't go I-94 route as i am US Citizen) but it's taking 4-5 months, Do i just wait and send the Foia whenever i receive it or i do i need to do anything since there is 45 days deadline on CIT 0520

ari5323

Mar 31, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
12-07-2010
LANDED..........
Dec-08-2011
e.chad said:
Question, I got Cit 0520 on Aug 27 and was given 45 days to produce the USA Exit/Entry record, i applied for Foia record(Can't go I-94 route as i am US Citizen) but it's taking 4-5 months, Do i just wait and send the Foia whenever i receive it or i do i need to do anything since there is 45 days deadline on CIT 0520

Ask for extension

ahmadmani

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I was requested the same thing! I requested FOIA but the estimated completion was more than a month so I simply copied my boarding passes and bank statemens showing I was in Canada before and after my travel, and they accepted that. FYI I never received my FOIA after 7 months!

Anthony_nyc

Star Member
Apr 28, 2015
ahmadmani said:
I was requested the same thing! I requested FOIA but the estimated completion was more than a month so I simply copied my boarding passes and bank statemens showing I was in Canada before and after my travel, and they accepted that. FYI I never received my FOIA after 7 months!
Interesting. So if I were to get an RQ or CIT 0520 for some strange reason, I simply provide Immigration with my entire banking account transaction history summary printout since the day I landed as a PR up until now?

alphazip

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
e.chad said:
When we submitted the application for my spouse, we requested everything (entries & exits, OHIP records, etc.) that would be asked for in an RQ, just in case. Why people don't do it in advance when it's all free, I don't know.

ahmadmani

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anthony_nyc said:
Interesting. So if I were to get an RQ or CIT 0520 for some strange reason, I simply provide Immigration with my entire banking account transaction history summary printout since the day I landed as a PR up until now?
It does not necessarily prove that you were in Canada as someone else can use your credit or debit card while you are outside Canada, however it along with other supporting documents (such as boarding pass or any other thing that proves you were in Canada before and after your travel) can support your residency claims. Try to include as mu document as you can, this way there will be more chances for the officer/judge to accept your residency requirement.