+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIT 003 - Minor Application (2) pieces of personal identification question

trikems

Sep 6, 2020
Hi!

I'm very sorry if this question was asked before - but I couldn't find it here (including going through the sticky guide).

I'm trying to prepare a package for minor citizenship application but having issues with "Photocopy of two (2) pieces of personal identification. Both pieces of identification should show the minor’s name and date of birth, one of which must have a photo on it. " - none of my son's approved documents (except travel passport) have photo on it. Adult application guide states I can use my own passport as one of personal identification docs. Does it apply to Minor's application?

Thank you,

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
Hi!

I'm very sorry if this question was asked before - but I couldn't find it here (including going through the sticky guide).

I'm trying to prepare a package for minor citizenship application but having issues with "Photocopy of two (2) pieces of personal identification. Both pieces of identification should show the minor’s name and date of birth, one of which must have a photo on it. " - none of my son's approved documents (except travel passport) have photo on it. Adult application guide states I can use my own passport as one of personal identification docs. Does it apply to Minor's application?

Thank you,
Yes, you can use your son's valid passport copy and his healthcare card.

Reactions: trikems

model78

Jan 20, 2021
Hello

In form CIT 0003 section # 8 detail of minor's parents ,there are two columns , Parent 1 and Parent 2 . My question is should i write father and mother names of minor respectively or something else .I am confused please advice me .Thanks

threei

Oct 17, 2020
Yes, there is a checkbox to confirm is it a biological or an adoptive parent - mother or father