+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Circumstances Change

WISHLAD

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
If your circumstances change you have to let us know. To notify CIC of changes to your application, visit
select the office that serves the country in which you are
living, and follow the directions for "Case Specific Enquiry."
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I am not clear with the above statements.

I live in the USA but I am from India.

Do I have to select the office of India or that in USA for case enquiry.

Also if there are multiple changes in the circumstances, do we have to notify multiple times or all changes are supposed to be given at the same time.

I already submitted my application, got AOR, medicals passed.

I got married last week. Now I have to wait for documents from my wife (medical, PCC, etc)

How do I inform CIC about this?

ntwkengg

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Please notify change of situation to CIC.
Try to complete medical and all the application related things of your spouse and then add your spouse details as per CIC rules. Lot of people did this in previous Pr process. But I am not sure how we can do it in Express entry. As if you add your spouse your CRS points will change. And your application is already halfway.
So no idea how it will be done.

WISHLAD

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
There are going to be many changes in my case.

Pending spouse documentation as well as change in the score. I do not know how it will affect my existing profile.

Can we do case specific enquiry multiple times or wait for all the documentation from spouse side and do it only once?

Is there any limit on the case specific enquiries?

tigerlily21

Nov 9, 2019
I am from India and have recently separated from my husband, who is a dependant in our Express Entry application. 6 days back I received the PPR mail. Since I will not be able to submit his passport, I informed CIC about the change in circumstances and also filled the IRCC webform. It's been almost 3 business days already, but I haven't yet received any reply from them. Is it advisable to wait for their reply or just go ahead and submit my passport to VFS?

The PPR has a 30 day deadline, hence wondering how long should I wait.

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
I am from India and have recently separated from my husband, who is a dependant in our Express Entry application. 6 days back I received the PPR mail. Since I will not be able to submit his passport, I informed CIC about the change in circumstances and also filled the IRCC webform. It's been almost 3 business days already, but I haven't yet received any reply from them. Is it advisable to wait for their reply or just go ahead and submit my passport to VFS?

IRCC usually takes around 8-10 days to reply to webform queries. You could wait for another 5-10 days and if you don't get a response with further directions, submit only your passport at a VFS. Btw, you should had informed IRCC as soon as there was a change in your circumstances [along with documents].

tigerlily21

Nov 9, 2019
IRCC usually takes around 8-10 days to reply to webform queries. You could wait for another 5-10 days and if you don't get a response with further directions, submit only your passport at a VFS. Btw, you should had informed IRCC as soon as there was a change in your circumstances [along with documents].
The problem is that there are no documents yet, because we are separated and not yet divorced. The legal proceedings are still on.

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
The problem is that there are no documents yet, because we are separated and not yet divorced. The legal proceedings are still on.
Then you must be having some documents written up by lawyers that ascertain that divorce proceedings are in progress and you have been legally seperated. You can use those documents as proof of legal seperation and an anticipated divorce.

tigerlily21

Nov 9, 2019
Then you must be having some documents written up by lawyers that ascertain that divorce proceedings are in progress and you have been legally seperated. You can use those documents as proof of legal seperation and an anticipated divorce.
It is in such an initial stage that the document is also getting ready now, i guess by next week it will be available. But I get what you are saying. Will get all docs ready as soon as possible.

tigerlily21

Nov 9, 2019
It is in such an initial stage that the document is also getting ready now, i guess by next week it will be available. But I get what you are saying. Will get all docs ready as soon as possible.
But this change will not jeopardise my application in any case right?

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
It means that you are not 'legally' seperated yet, once you do, you immediately file for a change in circumstance and get your passport stamped.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

Just submit your passport and letter with it stating that your husband is no longer accompanying.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
It means that you are not 'legally' seperated yet, once you do, you immediately file for a change in circumstance and get your passport stamped.
As per Canada, the poster is legally separated. There is no formal legal separation process in Canada. People are considered legally separated as soon as the relationship is done. They can even be living in the same house and still be legally separated.

Reactions: dotslash227