+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIPS License

dreammapletree

Star Member
Jul 20, 2020
I had taken CIPS license last year to apply for SINP. Later I got the SINP nomination and currently my application is in process. I have not renewed CIPS license this year.

Kindly answer below queries regarding this license if anyone knows about it.

1. Do I need to submit the license to IRCC at any stage of the PR application process?
2. Where this license is useful in the future?
3.What if Im not renewing the license? Will it affect my PR application or applying for job in future.

Kindly reply. Renewing this license yearly is very expensive. But still I can do if it is required for my PR application or job.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
1. No
2. If the job you want to apply to asks for it or states preference for applicants with designation then you will need it.
3. Will not affect PR application.

bytenaija

Nov 11, 2019
I had taken CIPS license last year to apply for SINP. Later I got the SINP nomination and currently my application is in process. I have not renewed CIPS license this year.

1. Do I need to submit the license to IRCC at any stage of the PR application process?
3.What if Im not renewing the license? Will it affect my PR application or applying for job in future.

Kindly reply. Renewing this license yearly is very expensive. But still I can do if it is required for my PR application or job.
I need to know how to get this please. I am a software engineer with over 6 years experience. I also just got mine WP application to Canada approved and I want to start applying for my PR.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I need to know how to get this please. I am a software engineer with over 6 years experience. I also just got mine WP application to Canada approved and I want to start applying for my PR.
Get a CIPS license...google CIPS. It doesn’t count for CRS points.

rkaur2013

Jul 20, 2017
Hey, I have similar question. My SINP application is in process stage and CIPS membership is expiring in 2 days, do I need to renew it as I have not got nomination yet? NOC 2174 CIPS ISP

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hey, I have similar question. My SINP application is in process stage and CIPS membership is expiring in 2 days, do I need to renew it as I have not got nomination yet? NOC 2174 CIPS ISP
When you say “process stage” do you mean you have submitted an EOI. See what is says on the website for licensing but you would need a renewal if you are nominated.

https://www.saskatchewan.ca/residents/moving-to-saskatchewan/immigrating-to-saskatchewan/saskatchewan-immigrant-nominee-program/applicants-international-skilled-workers/occupation-requirements

Abhi1982

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019

So did you end up not renewing the CIPS membership? Also, If I do not renew the membership now, can I renew it at a later stage? Plz suggest. My membership is also expiring. Hv renewed it once already. This will be the second renewal. I also read somewhere that after 3 years one anyways has to recertify.