PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
29-10-2018
AOR Received.
22-11-2018
I hope they start picking up our files this month.. I am Nov 22 AOR. I very rarely hear PPR from Sydney VO these days..:(

Reactions: PrasadK

ash0187

Sep 6, 2019
Hello All:
I've been following this website for the past few weeks but on September 2, 2019 I passed my 6 month mark. I emailed Minister Goodale yesterday and received the following update on my FSW Express Entry application.
Criminality Passed
Eligibility is met
Security checks have not been initiated. They cannot be expedited and timelines are not available.
Application is at CIO-Sydney
A few more details of my application:
Application received: March 2, 2019
Medical Results Review: Completed on April 16,2019
Biometrics: Completed on May 1,2019
I have no dependents. I am a single applicant living in the US.

My questions:
1) Any insight on how long it could take for my security checks to start?
2) Is it bad that my application is still at the Intake Office in Sydney, Nova Scotia and not at a CPC?

Will really appreciate it if anyone can shed more light on my application status. Thanks in advance!

Reactions: Khush2127

hris79

May 11, 2018
Hello All:
I've been following this website for the past few weeks but on September 2, 2019 I passed my 6 month mark. I emailed Minister Goodale yesterday and received the following update on my FSW Express Entry application.
Criminality Passed
Eligibility is met
Security checks have not been initiated. They cannot be expedited and timelines are not available.

My questions:
2) Is it bad that my application is still at the Intake Office in Sydney, Nova Scotia and not at a CPC?

Will really appreciate it if anyone can shed more light on my application status. Thanks in advance!
You should get it in couple of weeks ...make a couple more if u have extensive travel history

mbaleine

Mar 13, 2019
Hello All:
Criminality Passed
Eligibility is met

My questions:

2) Not necessarily. My application was processed at CIO. AOR mid-April. PPR came from CIO in mid-July.

mbaleine

Mar 13, 2019
You should get it in couple of weeks ...make a couple more if u have extensive travel history
Having extensive travel history doesn't necessarily make it any slower or faster. The number of travels doesn't matter. It's the countries visited that matter. I.e. nobody would get worried if you travelled hundreds of times to the US, Japan, or Europe. I had 40+ travel entries and still finished processing within 90 days.

ash0187

Sep 6, 2019
2) Not necessarily. My application was processed at CIO. AOR mid-April. PPR came from CIO in mid-July.
Thanks for your response! Good to know that your application was processed at CIO. And congrats on getting your decision in 3 months, that's half the allotted time.

Khush2127

Oct 12, 2018
Hello All:
Criminality Passed
Eligibility is met

My questions:

I contacted Minister Maninder and he also mentioned that he pushed for getting eligibility passed and Security not started yet. Have you got any answer for your case?

Khush2127

Oct 12, 2018
Having extensive travel history doesn't necessarily make it any slower or faster. The number of travels doesn't matter. It's the countries visited that matter. I.e. nobody would get worried if you travelled hundreds of times to the US, Japan, or Europe. I had 40+ travel entries and still finished processing within 90 days.
This seems to varied for each case. I have 5 country visits and my file is pending over 9 months

a16107

Apr 14, 2016
Is there any proper way to complain SYdney CIO is taking too long for application?

God I don't wanna wait and just kill me plz

MelanieL

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
Does Sydney take longer? Anyone getting PR from them recently? I'm AOR 10 Sept, finger's crossed PR soon as so many people with visa office Ottawa and similar AOR are getting it :)

PandaOnCloud

Star Member
Feb 26, 2019
Does Sydney take longer? Anyone getting PR from them recently? I'm AOR 10 Sept, finger's crossed PR soon as so many people with visa office Ottawa and similar AOR are getting it :)
Yep, one here received on 4 days ago with AOR 8 March. All the best with Sydney CIO:)