+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIO payment to Sydney Nova Scotia

lemon85

Oct 25, 2011
Hi there.
I read in the cic website that the applicable fees are 550 Canadian dollars for principal applicant & 550 CAD for accompanying spouse & 150 CAD for children under 21 years of age. It did not see anywhere, whether we can also pay the Application fees in US Dollars. If it can be paid in US dollars, which convertion rate to be applied to get the accurate CAD, which would satisy Canadian Immigration officials? Please clarify.

If this fees can't be paid in US Dollars, then which bank should I approach to get this fees paid in Canadian dollars. Can I get this fee issued in US Post office. Do they issue canadian dollars Money order? I checked up with my bank, they said they cannot issue in CAD. Your guindance will be very much appreciated.

Can I pay the application fees together - Meaning Principal+Spouse+Children fee as ONE single fee in form of Cashiers cheque or Money Order? If so, how do I mention that this fees is for 3 people? Please clarify?

Awaiting your earliest response.
Thank you.

sicilian85

Jul 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2013
AOR Received.
August 20th, 2013
File Transfer...
August 29th, 2013
Med's Done....
July 17th, 2013
Passport Req..
September 13th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
IP: April 26th, DM: May 8th
lemon85 said:
Hi there.
I read in the cic website that the applicable fees are 550 Canadian dollars for principal applicant & 550 CAD for accompanying spouse & 150 CAD for children under 21 years of age. It did not see anywhere, whether we can also pay the Application fees in US Dollars. If it can be paid in US dollars, which convertion rate to be applied to get the accurate CAD, which would satisy Canadian Immigration officials? Please clarify.

If this fees can't be paid in US Dollars, then which bank should I approach to get this fees paid in Canadian dollars. Can I get this fee issued in US Post office. Do they issue canadian dollars Money order? I checked up with my bank, they said they cannot issue in CAD. Your guindance will be very much appreciated.

Can I pay the application fees together - Meaning Principal+Spouse+Children fee as ONE single fee in form of Cashiers cheque or Money Order? If so, how do I mention that this fees is for 3 people? Please clarify?

Awaiting your earliest response.
Thank you.

Immigration office is in Canada so I would suggest you to pay with CAD.

If you go to any bank and ask for money order they will convert USD to CAD accordingly and provide you the draft.

In banks if you ask front agents they would say NO, because they dont know about international drafts. So talk to high officers and mention " International Bank Draft in Canadian Dollars " and generally it will take atleast 3 days to process. And they will also charge a fee from $15 - $45. Few guys i know got draft from BOA and AMEX, or even you can check with USPS and they are quite cheap.
You can also try WellsFargo, I heard they give quickly and also less charge.

You can pay all in one draft and also fill the below form too.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5620E.pdf

Hope this helps :)

Good Luck !

lemon85

Oct 25, 2011
sicilian85 said:
Immigration office is in Canada so I would suggest you to pay with CAD.

If you go to any bank and ask for money order they will convert USD to CAD accordingly and provide you the draft.

In banks if you ask front agents they would say NO, because they dont know about international drafts. So talk to high officers and mention " International Bank Draft in Canadian Dollars " and generally it will take atleast 3 days to process. And they will also charge a fee from $15 - $45. Few guys i know got draft from BOA and AMEX, or even you can check with USPS and they are quite cheap.
You can also try WellsFargo, I heard they give quickly and also less charge.

You can pay all in one draft and also fill the below form too.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5620E.pdf

Hope this helps :)

Good Luck !
Thank you.