App. Filed.......
11-02-2019
AOR Received.
11-04-2019
Med's Request
22-05-2019
Med's Done....
31-05-2019
No. I did the full course. I anyway applied for membership as plan B. I don’t want this to be evaluated as a bachelor. Even a diploma is fine as Wes evaluated my degree as 4 years. Anyway I’ll keep this thread updated on the outcome.
If you have done CIMA after degree, even with this evaluation you should be able to claim 2 or more degrees. Same outcome as 2 bachelors degree. I think so. Better consult someone

Dumindu

Aug 12, 2019
If you have done CIMA after degree, even with this evaluation you should be able to claim 2 or more degrees. Same outcome as 2 bachelors degree. I think so. Better consult someone
I did both together and completed CIMA just after the Degree. Thanks for your point. I’ll check on that. I spoke to CIMA UK regarding this and they are clueless. They assumed it’s because of the fact that I’m not a member.

hasithaviduranga

Star Member
Jun 27, 2019
Edmonton Alberta
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-02-2019
AOR Received.
11-04-2019
Med's Request
22-05-2019
Med's Done....
31-05-2019
I did both together and completed CIMA just after the Degree. Thanks for your point. I’ll check on that. I spoke to CIMA UK regarding this and they are clueless. They assumed it’s because of the fact that I’m not a member.
Actually TBH. I did CIMA 10 years ago. All their service and the standards can't be compared now it has been 10 years before. They are just collecting subscriptions and degraded the quality of the curriculum and the qualification over the years. So, I'm not surprised even WES does not recognize or degraded their recognition lately. Sad to say but CIMA has lost its ball game to ACCA and CASL. I do not encourage to take it for any fresher.

Last edited:

Dumindu

Aug 12, 2019
Actually TBH. I did CIMA 10 years ago. All their service and the standards can't be compared now it has been 10 years before. They are just collecting subscriptions and degraded the quality of the curriculum and the qualification over the years. So, I'm not surprised even WES does not recognize or degraded their recognition lately. Sad to say but CIMA has lost its ball game to ACCA and CASL. I do not encourage to take it for any fresher.
Agreed. I believe the recent syllabus change in 2015 took CIMA out of the league. Had I known this fact I would've applied for membership longtime back. Anyway let's see. I hope at least WES will evaluate ACMA as a three year degree.

Dumindu

Aug 12, 2019
I've received a feedback from WES and the reason for this evaluation is that the documents sent by CIMA don't reflect that I have completed and awarded. CIMA has shared the transcript and it included only the subjects I have completed and doesn't mention anything about the course completion. I'm gonna try with CIMA to issue a letter confirming the above points. Hope it will work.

hasithaviduranga

Star Member
Jun 27, 2019
Edmonton Alberta
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-02-2019
AOR Received.
11-04-2019
Med's Request
22-05-2019
Med's Done....
31-05-2019
I've received a feedback from WES and the reason for this evaluation is that the documents sent by CIMA don't reflect that I have completed and awarded. CIMA has shared the transcript and it included only the subjects I have completed and doesn't mention anything about the course completion. I'm gonna try with CIMA to issue a letter confirming the above points. Hope it will work.
Good keep us posted.

hasithaviduranga

Star Member
Jun 27, 2019
Edmonton Alberta
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-02-2019
AOR Received.
11-04-2019
Med's Request
22-05-2019
Med's Done....
31-05-2019
I wish this to work in your favor. Now we know CIMA exam completion without membership recognize as two year undergraduate study by WES.

Vivek_lk

May 22, 2016
Any update on this pls
Hey buddy, not yet bro. I got a bit side tracked with my work and I was unable to send to WES. I shall get back to you soon. However, my bachelors degree was assessed as a 4 year degree. Just FYI.

mashama

Jun 25, 2020
Hey buddy, not yet bro. I got a bit side tracked with my work and I was unable to send to WES. I shall get back to you soon. However, my bachelors degree was assessed as a 4 year degree. Just FYI.
Hey, Did you receive any update yet? I am also stuck with the same issue. Thanks

Vivek_lk

May 22, 2016
Hello!

So, I've received my exemptions, but due to the covid issue, I've not received my certificate. Waiting to hear from CIMA and I'll be applying for WES hopefully, in a week's time. Will keep this thread updated with my results.

Hey, Did you receive any update yet? I am also stuck with the same issue. Thanks

throwaway-123

Jun 27, 2020
Hello!

So, I've received my exemptions, but due to the covid issue, I've not received my certificate. Waiting to hear from CIMA and I'll be applying for WES hopefully, in a week's time. Will keep this thread updated with my results.
Thanks! Just to confirm you got the certificate by having all 4 courses exempted right?