+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIMA Evaluation - WES

TTP

Star Member
May 23, 2018
1. The OP’s question was specifically regarding CRS. To raise your CRS score, it makes perfect sense to get CIMA in addition to ACCA. Of course, for other goals it is unnecessary and a waste of resources.

2. I don’t understand why you keep insisting that you don’t get additional points... You do. Two bachelors rank higher in CRS than one bachelor. Any two post secondary degrees/certificates/diplomas add points, even two bachelors. Even a bachelor’s and a one year diploma. The only requirement is that one of the credentials has to be evaluated to be at least 3 years long. That’s it.

Since ACCA and CIMA are evaluated by WES as “a Bachelor’s degree AND a Bachelor’s degree” you qualify for “two or more degrees” in the Education section of the CRS calculator. Hence with strong IELTS you would get +57 CRS points. I’ve provided the link to IRCC in my previous post.

Again, I’m talking from experience, because I have a bachelor’s and a CIMA diploma. I got additional CRS points and am now a PR. IRCC considers ALL diplomas not only the highest one.

Upd: you may be confusing it with a master’s degree. Once you get a master’s degree/phd, your other degrees/diplomas do not make a difference to your CRS. In this case, yes, IRCC clearly considers only your highest degree because all your other credentials wouldn’t make a difference to your CRS score.
Hi , yes i maybe confused .Because i am a PR and have an MBA and CIMA (ACMA)and my husband had MBA, CIMA and Diploma in banking . However i remember the immigration consultant mentioning about not receiving multiple scores for Bachelors . And in the CRS calculator I did not find an area to mention the number of bachelor degrees . Which is why my comment was based on.

Further , i recommend to consider the time and cost to gain the CIMA qualification compare it with obtaining an MBA . And choose the best option . Because already a Bachelors Degree has been obtained

Mur2Cad

Jul 29, 2020
Hi , yes i maybe confused .Because i am a PR and have an MBA and CIMA (ACMA)and my husband had MBA, CIMA and Diploma in banking . However i remember the immigration consultant mentioning about not receiving multiple scores for Bachelors . And in the CRS calculator I did not find an area to mention the number of bachelor degrees . Which is why my comment was based on.

Further , i recommend to consider the time and cost to gain the CIMA qualification compare it with obtaining an MBA . And choose the best option . Because already a Bachelors Degree has been obtained
So if I got exemption for all papers except case study. Would WES evaluate it as a degree?

Ash1992

Oct 18, 2020
1. The poster’s question was specifically regarding CRS. To raise your CRS score, it makes perfect sense to get CIMA in addition to ACCA. Of course, for other goals it is unnecessary and a waste of resources.

2. I don’t understand why you keep insisting that you don’t get additional points... You do. Two bachelors rank higher in CRS than one bachelor. Any two post secondary degrees/certificates/diplomas add points, even two bachelors. Even a bachelor’s and a one year diploma. The only requirement is that one of the credentials has to be evaluated to be at least 3 years long. That’s it.

Since ACCA and CIMA are evaluated by WES as “a Bachelor’s degree AND a Bachelor’s degree” you qualify for “two or more degrees” in the Education section of the CRS calculator. Hence with strong IELTS you would get +57 CRS points. I’ve provided the link to IRCC in my previous post.

Again, I’m talking from experience, because I have a bachelor’s and a CIMA diploma. I got additional CRS points and am now a PR. IRCC considers ALL diplomas not only the highest one.

Upd: you may be confusing it with a master’s degree. Once you get a master’s degree/phd, your other degrees/diplomas do not make a difference to your CRS ranking. In this case, yes, IRCC clearly considers only your highest degree because all your other credentials wouldn’t make a difference to your CRS score.
Hello, could you please advise how CIMA Advanced Diploma (Passed Managerial Level) would count in the WES and CRS? Much appreciated..