+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIMA Evaluation - WES

ashfaquech1

Dec 24, 2017
Dear All

I have passed strategic exam and other CIMA papers are exempted on basis of my CA. I have only original Transcript from CIMA and just applied for membership.

Can anyone answer, If WES will accept my CIMA degree on basis of exempted papers. So, i can add in my WES evaluation.Further, i have only transcript and not the certificate yet.

Please help

Reactions: saqibrizvi

TTP

Star Member
May 23, 2018
HI

You need the certificate because cima should send transcripts with a copy of the certificate i think. The certificate usually do not take very long. Check with your local cima office

saqibrizvi

Star Member
Sep 5, 2017
HI

You need the certificate because cima should send transcripts with a copy of the certificate i think. The certificate usually do not take very long. Check with your local cima office
Will WES accept CIMA, if majority of papers are exempted and only Strategic level case study is passed?

saqibrizvi

Star Member
Sep 5, 2017
Dear All

I have passed strategic exam and other CIMA papers are exempted on basis of my CA. I have only original Transcript from CIMA and just applied for membership.

Can anyone answer, If WES will accept my CIMA degree on basis of exempted papers. So, i can add in my WES evaluation.Further, i have only transcript and not the certificate yet.

Please help
Please update when you are done with your evaluation.

Vivek_lk

May 22, 2016
If you have the qualifications with proven certificates they accept it ...

I had exceptions for.my MBA but it was not a problem
Thank you for your response. I just want to know if you got most of it exempt? I have 3 out of 4 exempt for Certificate in Business Accounting (CIMA). I was just wondering if I would get it certified as a one year college level certificate. Also, that would be accepted by CIC as a two or more certificates/degrees, yes?

TTP

Star Member
May 23, 2018
Thank you for your response. I just want to know if you got most of it exempt? I have 3 out of 4 exempt for Certificate in Business Accounting (CIMA). I was just wondering if I would get it certified as a one year college level certificate. Also, that would be accepted by CIC as a two or more certificates/degrees, yes?
yes yes i got 3 semesters excepted... so thats about 12 -14 subjects

Reactions: Vivek_lk

Vivek_lk

May 22, 2016
yes yes i got 3 semesters excepted... so thats about 12 -14 subjects
Perfect. So, CIC would accept a one year college level certificate under two or more degrees (considering the fact that I have a bachelors degree for 3 years as well)?

Thanks for your response.

TTP

Star Member
May 23, 2018
Perfect. So, CIC would accept a one year college level certificate under two or more degrees (considering the fact that I have a bachelors degree for 3 years as well)?

Thanks for your response.
Your question is not clear. What do u mean college level degree under bachelors ???

They basically will awars a qualification as "Degree 2/3 year " if that specific qualification covers a given number of subjects despite its excepted or not. And if it is more than 1 year course

Vivek_lk

May 22, 2016
Your question is not clear. What do u mean college level degree under bachelors ???

They basically will awars a qualification as "Degree 2/3 year " if that specific qualification covers a given number of subjects despite its excepted or not. And if it is more than 1 year course
So basically, I have two qualifications. One is a 3 year bachelors degree. The second is the certificate in business accounting awarded by CIMA with 3 exemptions. The certificate in business accounting will be classified as a one year college level certificate by WES according to my research. Thus, I wanted to know if CIC would consider the one year COLLEGE LEVEL certificate under their "two or more certificates/degrees" section because that will allow me to increase my CRS points to 468. What are your thoughts on this?

TTP

Star Member
May 23, 2018
So basically, I have two qualifications. One is a 3 year bachelors degree. The second is the certificate in business accounting awarded by CIMA with 3 exemptions. The certificate in business accounting will be classified as a one year college level certificate by WES according to my research. Thus, I wanted to know if CIC would consider the one year COLLEGE LEVEL certificate under their "two or more certificates/degrees" section because that will allow me to increase my CRS points to 468. What are your thoughts on this?
- For CRS score they consider the highes qualification as per my knowledge .
- In your case surely the bachelors degree will be counted as a " 3 year degree " and most probably it will be counted as the highest .
- The CIMA qualification , they will award it as "3 bachelors " only if your a passed finalist or ACMA.
- However even uf you do have two bachelor qualifications , for CRS they would only consider one.
- Despite what is considered in CRS make sure you include all your qualifications including AL and OL. Because this WES documents comes in handy for applying jobs in Canada

Vivek_lk

May 22, 2016
- For CRS score they consider the highes qualification as per my knowledge .
- In your case surely the bachelors degree will be counted as a " 3 year degree " and most probably it will be counted as the highest .
- The CIMA qualification , they will award it as "3 bachelors " only if your a passed finalist or ACMA.
- However even uf you do have two bachelor qualifications , for CRS they would only consider one.
- Despite what is considered in CRS make sure you include all your qualifications including AL and OL. Because this WES documents comes in handy for applying jobs in Canada
Thank you for taking the time to explain in detail. Much appreciated.

Adebukky

Jan 20, 2019
Please help me out on this .. i have a bsc in accounting. Also i have a professional certificate in banking which i am about to claim exemption with CIMA. According to my research i will be exempted to write just two papers with CIMA. My question now is will WES still grade the CIMA certification well as i will only be writing two papers with CIMA. And will i be able to claim two or more certificates to increase my CRS score?