+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIMA Evaluation - WES

Susanoye

Jun 23, 2020
Pls I ave btech level 3 in business and information technology and also CIMA certificate in business account can I apply for Canadian PR

waqasiqbaal

Oct 12, 2016
My wife is ACCA (affiliate) which has been considered as 4 years bachelors degree by WES without 3 years experience. Now she is planning to complete CIMA (without experience) as well based on ACCA exemptions and passing the remaining papers. Can anyone advice if WES will consider her CIMA as 3/4 years bachelors degree also? So that she could increase her CRS score.

Thank you

TTP

Star Member
May 23, 2018
1. If she gets the CIMA qualification (with exceptions or without ) it will be awarded as a 3 year degree .

2. No matter how many qualifications you have (evaluated by WES). For CRS score they will only consider the highest qualification . And if the highest qualifications are two (two degrees ) they will consider only one

TTP

Star Member
May 23, 2018
If your wife already has ACCA i do not see a big advantage of her getting CIMA too. It will only consume more time and money .

Further , if you get PR and go to Canada she anyway must convert the finance qualification to CPA . So the with ACCA only or with both she can get CPA

TTP

Star Member
May 23, 2018
Pls I ave btech level 3 in business and information technology and also CIMA certificate in business account can I apply for Canadian PR
Its not about the qualification . But its about your final CRS score considering qualification , age, IELTS Everything .

So, CIMA Certificate level will surely not be degree equivalent . Btech, i dont have know knowledge of.

Even if your qualification are nit high if your age and IELTS gives you a better CRS score then you have a chance for PR.

obexxy

Jul 9, 2020
Hi Everyone,

I am about to evaluate my CIMA certificate in Business Accounting
Will my transcript alone suffice or will I have to send my certificate as well because CIMA is unable to print certificates at the moment.

TTP

Star Member
May 23, 2018
Please check the WES application and see what they require. If CIMA Has not given the certificate please check with them of there is an electronic option .

dashing_warrior

Star Member
Jul 2, 2019
Hi Everyone,

I am about to evaluate my CIMA certificate in Business Accounting
Will my transcript alone suffice or will I have to send my certificate as well because CIMA is unable to print certificates at the moment.
They definitely require a certificate. They want a mailed photocopy. A black and white one would suffice.

TTP

Star Member
May 23, 2018
They definitely require a certificate. They want a mailed photocopy. A black and white one would suffice.
You must send certificate . Also it is mentioned in the WES application . Check.the requirement. Yoi can send a soft copy to cima and they will.do the needfull

dashing_warrior

Star Member
Jul 2, 2019
You must send certificate . Also it is mentioned in the WES application . Check.the requirement. Yoi can send a soft copy to cima and they will.do the needfull
I am talking from experience. A year ago they asked me to mail a scanned copy, i.e. a hard copy, not a soft copy. I specifically asked WES if they would accept an emailed copy, and they refused. Maybe the requirements have changed.

TTP

Star Member
May 23, 2018
I am talking from experience. A year ago they asked me to mail a scanned copy, i.e. a hard copy, not a soft copy. I specifically asked WES if they would accept an emailed copy, and they refused. Maybe the requirements have changed.
I know ...i too send the hard copies via CIMA in 2018.What i meant was the new procedure with the covid-19 operations . Some CIMA offices do not send anynhard copies they does it electronically with WES. A friend of mine did that way last month . Most importantly you must check with your local cima office

dashing_warrior

Star Member
Jul 2, 2019
My wife is ACCA (affiliate) which has been considered as 4 years bachelors degree by WES without 3 years experience. Now she is planning to complete CIMA (without experience) as well based on ACCA exemptions and passing the remaining papers. Can anyone advice if WES will consider her CIMA as 3/4 years bachelors degree also? So that she could increase her CRS score.

Thank you
Yes, WES will evaluate her CIMA credential since it is a completed credential. She will receive a Bachelor’s Degree equivalency. The number of exemptions do not matter but she must complete one of the CIMA diplomas/certificates in full. They have a couple of intermediate diplomas for non-members. To claim a diploma/certificate, you may get any number of exemptions but must take at least one exam.

As for CRS, yes, her score will definitely increase, because now she will qualify for “two or more degrees” canadian education equivalency. Her score will increase in the Education section and in the Skills Transferability section of the CRS calculator. In the Education section she will score additional +7 points. If she receives at least CLB 9 in IELTS (L8, R7, W7, S7), she will receive further +50 points in the Skills Transferability section. Good luck.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/criteria-comprehensive-ranking-system/grid.html

Last edited:

dashing_warrior

Star Member
Jul 2, 2019
I know ...i too send the hard copies via CIMA in 2018.What i meant was the new procedure with the covid-19 operations . Some CIMA offices do not send anynhard copies they does it electronically with WES. A friend of mine did that way last month . Most importantly you must check with your local cima office
Great news

TTP

Star Member
May 23, 2018
Yes, WES will evaluate her CIMA credential since it is a completed credential. She will receive a Bachelor’s Degree equivalency. The number of exemptions do not matter but she must complete one of the CIMA diplomas/certificates in full. They have a couple of intermediate diplomas for non-members. To claim a diploma/certificate, you may get any number of exemptions but must take at least one exam.

As for CRS, yes, her score will definitely increase, because now she will qualify for “two or more degrees” canadian education equivalency. Her score will increase in the Education section and in the Skills Transferability section of the CRS calculator. In the Education section she will score additional +7 points. If she receives at least CLB 9 in IELTS (L8, R7, W7, S7), she will receive further +50 points in the Skills Transferability section. Good luck.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/criteria-comprehensive-ranking-system/grid.html
Yes CIMA will also be considered same if she gets the full qualification as a ACMA and maybe passed finalist. But for CRS calculations they only consider one qualification and the hihighest of all. So... if she is doing CIMA simply to get her CRS score then might as well not ...because its time, energy and cost.
Also when you finally get PR your wife will have to apply for CPA Canada and in there too ACCA or CIMA would be fine. There is no big adavantage of having both qualificationa

dashing_warrior

Star Member
Jul 2, 2019
Yes CIMA will also be considered same if she gets the full qualification as a ACMA and maybe passed finalist. But for CRS calculations they only consider one qualification and the hihighest of all. So... if she is doing CIMA simply to get her CRS score then might as well not ...because its time, energy and cost.
Also when you finally get PR your wife will have to apply for CPA Canada and in there too ACCA or CIMA would be fine. There is no big adavantage of having both qualificationa
1. The poster’s question was specifically regarding CRS. To raise your CRS score, it makes perfect sense to get CIMA in addition to ACCA. Of course, for other goals it is unnecessary and a waste of resources.

2. I don’t understand why you keep insisting that you don’t get additional points... You do. Two bachelors rank higher in CRS than one bachelor. Any two post secondary degrees/certificates/diplomas add points, even two bachelors. Even a bachelor’s and a one year diploma. The only requirement is that one of the credentials has to be evaluated to be at least 3 years long. That’s it.

Since ACCA and CIMA are evaluated by WES as “a Bachelor’s degree AND a Bachelor’s degree” you qualify for “two or more degrees” in the Education section of the CRS calculator. Hence with strong IELTS you would get +57 CRS points. I’ve provided the link to IRCC in my previous post.

Again, I’m talking from experience, because I have a bachelor’s and a CIMA diploma. I got additional CRS points and am now a PR. IRCC considers ALL diplomas not only the highest one.

Upd: you may be confusing it with a master’s degree. Once you get a master’s degree/phd, your other degrees/diplomas do not make a difference to your CRS ranking. In this case, yes, IRCC clearly considers only your highest degree because all your other credentials wouldn’t make a difference to your CRS score.

Last edited: