+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC's hotline is not available

heysoulsister

May 4, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
is there anyone facing the same problem as me? Whenever i try to dial CIC's hotline @ 1-888-242‑2100 i'll get the message "your call cannot be completed as dialed. please check the number and dial again." i've tried using my land line, mobile line and even skype but to no avail :'(

anujap

Star Member
Dec 19, 2014
The number is correct and it's working. I spoke with them today morning. But honestly, I found they were not really helpful in giving any answer. They always tell to refer to website or email you the link. But keep trying. If they are very busy, then line will not go thru.

heysoulsister

May 4, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anujap said:
The number is correct and it's working. I spoke with them today morning. But honestly, I found they were not really helpful in giving any answer. They always tell to refer to website or email you the link. But keep trying. If they are very busy, then line will not go thru.
thanks for the reply. do u mean that when the line is engaged i will receive the message i quoted? cuz it definitely sounds like i might have been dialling the wrong number or something along that line..............

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
heysoulsister said:
what's the number you've been dialing for CIC? Isn't it 1-888-242‑2100?
Are you calling from outside of Canada?

softball

Star Member
Jan 13, 2015
the number is correct. I talked to them yesterday and today. if you didn't get through then you should try to call them again. I got the same message as your got when my first time called them in yesterday afternoon. I waited for a hour and called them again, and got through.

your want select 7 for EE information and then 0 to talk to the agent, and then you will be put on waiting, during your waiting time, the system will give you some recorded information such as go on website for information etc.. then tell your the estamited waiting time for the call; both yesterday and today I got through; looks like calling in the early morning is easier to get through, my waiting time was about 15 mins in the afternoon and this morning was less then 5 mins.

the agent can be helpful only if you have a very specific question, so they know where to find the information to answer your question. you can layout your questions before your phone call; sometime, discussions here would be helpful--- it will help you make your question precious, short and sweet, so agent can easily get what you are asking for.

Hope this is helpful. Good luck!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
heysoulsister said:
yes i am! btw, i did drop you a pm.. not sure whether u received it?
I receive too many PMs and can't keep up with them. If you have a question you should be posting it to the forum so that everyone can answer.

The number you are trying to call only works within Canada. If you are trying to call it from outside of Canada - it's not going to work. That's why you are getting an error message.

heysoulsister

May 4, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scylla said:
I receive too many PMs and can't keep up with them. If you have a question you should be posting it to the forum so that everyone can answer.

The number you are trying to call only works within Canada. If you are trying to call it from outside of Canada - it's not going to work. That's why you are getting an error message.
Thanks for the explanation. regarding the question that i pmed you, i actually posted it out here in the forum but came across some of your posts and decided that you would probably be experienced enough to help me with mine. anyway here's the original thread if u are free to have a read http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/1-diploma-1-degree-1-postsec-credential-only-t264117.0.html;msg3924695#msg3924695

:)