+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC whited out CSIS information on my ATIP report!!!

luckyme649

Jul 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

I just received my ATIP report, but CIC whited out/ blocked the CSIS information on my report, please see it below...

Sub-Activities:0
Activities:3
whited out this parts
Type: CSIS Clearance
whited out this parts as well
Case File ID: XXXXXXX
whited out this parts also
Type: Request Security Clearance
white out this parts too
Case File ID: XXXXXXXX
UCI #:XXXXX
Family Name: XXXX
Given Name: XXXXX
whited out this parts

Sub-Activities: 2
whited out this parts
Type: Request security Clearance
white out this parts again
Case File ID: XXXXXXXX
UCI #:XXXXX
Family Name: XXXX
Given Name: XXXXX

On my ATIP report doesn't say passed or not, and under the CSIS Clearance expiry date is whited out as well, but the FOSS and RCMP clearance have the expiry date.

Does anyone know why CIC whited out the CSIS information on my ATIP report? Does anyone has the same whited out parts on your ATIP report? Does anyone has the passed or not in your CSIS fields on your ATIP report? :( :(

Thank you very much!

luckyme649

Jul 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
janoo said:
Yes in my atip too... this is normal...
Thanks for your reply janoo.

Is your ATIP report showing the "passed" or "not" and the "CSIS Clearance expiry date"? How many activities and sub-activities do you have for the CSIS Clearance and Request Security Clearance?

I have a different activities and sub-activities between my latest and oldest ATIP Reports, please see them below ...

On my latest ATIP report:

Sub-activities: 0
Activities: 3
Sub-Activities: 2

On my oldest ATIP Report that from Feb this year:

Sub-Activities: 0
Activities: 3
Sub-Activities: 1

Thanks again for your response. It's very much appreciated.

Slovan

Jun 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do you see tiny letters and numbers at the right top corner of the page where information was severed? Most likely it is s.22(1)(b) or s.21. These are the articles of the Act which allow them to withhold some security information; check the Act to know what exactly it was - or could be - about.

Reactions: mickey_mouse

luckyme649

Jul 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Slovan said:
Do you see tiny letters and numbers at the right top corner of the page where information was severed? Most likely it is s.22(1)(b) or s.21. These are the articles of the Act which allow them to withhold some security information; check the Act to know what exactly it was - or could be - about.
Thank you very much Slovan. My ATIP report has S.21, I have searched it from CSIS Act, and that information does not make any sense to me. Do you know what are possible reasons in my case?

I took my citizenship test and passed it 4 months ago. My latest ATIP report shows as the following information:

The PS/ Judge's Decision Status: approved
The Case Status: open
The Prohibitions Declared: No
The Request immigration Clearance Status: passed
The RCMP Clearance Status: passed
The Request Criminal Clearance Status: passed
The FOSS Clearance Status: passed

The only difference is the CSIS Clearance has one more Sub-Activities on my latest ATIP report. Do you know how long the CSIS clearance valid for citizenship?

Thanks again Slovan. Much appreciated.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Here is the link:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/cit/grant/adult.asp

Immigration: one year
Criminality: 18 months
Security: four years

longwaitwithrq

Star Member
May 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
luckyme649 said:
Thank you very much Slovan. My ATIP report has S.21, I have searched it form CSIS Act, and that information does not make any sense to me. Do you know what are possible reasons in my case?

I took my citizenship test and passed it 4 months ago. My latest ATIP report shows as the following information:

The PS/ Judge's Decision Status: approved
The Case Status: open
The Prohibitions Declared: No
The Request immigration Clearance Status: passed
The RCMP Clearance Status: passed
The Request Criminal Clearance Status: passed
The FOSS Clearance Status: passed

The only difference is the CSIS Clearance has one more Sub-Activities on my latest ATIP report. Do you know how long the CSIS clearance valid for citizenship?

Thanks again Slovan. Much appreciated.
csis information is always withheld in the atip in all cases so relax, its not covered under the privacy act and so cic has to with hold the information, there is no reason for you to worry about it.

luckyme649

Jul 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
Here is the link:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/cit/grant/adult.asp

Immigration: one year
Criminality: 18 months
Security: four years
Thank you so much for the link and information thecoolguysam. It does make sense to me now. The security clearance is valid for 4 years. I applied my citizenship in 2010, and I withdrawn my application just before my test in 2011, so the security clearance is expired before I wrote my test this year.

Thanks again thecoolguysam. It's very much appreciated.

luckyme649

Jul 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
longwaitwithrq said:
csis information is always withheld in the atip in all cases so relax, its not covered under the privacy act and so cic has to with hold the information, there is no reason for you to worry about it.
Thanks longwaitwithrg:). I thought the CIC just whited out the CSIS information on my ATIP report. Yep, I might not need to worry about it anymore, but the waiting is very frustrating!!!

I am afraid to book any vacations and leave the place where I live because I might miss the oath invitation and ceremony. I had contacted the CIC call centre a few times and they refused to provide me any information, they even didn't bother to check it for me. I also sent an email to the local CIC office, and I have never received any response from them.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
luckyme649 said:
Thank you so much for the link and information thecoolguysam. It does make sense to me now. The security clearance is valid for 4 years. I applied my citizenship in 2010, and I withdrawn my application just before my test in 2011, so the security clearance is expired before I wrote my test this year.

Thanks again thecoolguysam. It's very much appreciated.
May I know the reason for withdrawal of application in 2011?
When did you apply in 2010? Which month?
When did you withdraw your application in 2011? Which month?
I am just asking to estimate the expiry date of the security clearance.

As you applied in March 2014, i think CIC would have re-done security clearance again because the previous one done dudring 2010 might have been expired. If it was not expired when you applied in March 2014 then before the citizenship oath is granted, I think cic might do the security clearance once again. I think during course of processing of the application till oath, all the clearances needs to be valid, that is what i assume.

luckyme649

Jul 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
May I know the reason for withdrawal of application in 2011?
When did you apply in 2010? Which month?
When did you withdraw your application in 2011? Which month?
I am just asking to estimate the expiry date of the security clearance.

As you applied in March 2014, i think CIC would have re-done security clearance again because the previous one done dudring 2010 might have been expired. If it was not expired when you applied in March 2014 then before the citizenship oath is granted, I think cic might do the security clearance once again. I think during course of processing of the application till oath, all the clearances needs to be valid, that is what i assume.
I withdrew my application in 2011 due to a personal reason and I was planing to move back to my birth country. On my oldest ATIP it shows that the CSIS clearance had a created date at the end of March in 2011. So my CSIS Clearance just expired before I wrote my test this year.