+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC Website application for checking status broken?

PerrinAyabara

Nov 2, 2011
I've tried every way I can to try to get into my application on line because my wife/sponsor needs her email address changed because she changed ISPs. I was able to get into it just fine a month ago with no trouble.

It appears the CIC is going through a website overhaul and maybe the application update/check application is broken? Is anyone else having this problem?

I tried to call CIC on the phone to take care of this issue but Ive tried three times now and all three times they disconnected me saying their call volume is too high. What do I have to do to get in contect with these useless idiots and make a simple change?

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
ecas has been down for a while now, and the website is also going through major changes. If you had bookmarked a link before, it might not work - go through the main CIC webpage, and start the process from there to make sure you have the right link.
It might work ( it does for some people), or you might have to wait.
Good luck,
Sweden

cempjwi

Mar 14, 2012
CANADA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
31-Jul-12
Doc's Request.
09-Feb-13; Sent 13-Mar-13
AOR Received.
15-Oct-12; In-process 26-Mar-13
File Transfer...
15-Oct-12
Med's Request
02-Apr-13 Chest Xray Only
Med's Done....
14-May-12; 04-Apr-13 (Delivered 15-Apr-13)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-Apr-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2013 (Rcvd May 15th, 2013)
LANDED..........
1-July-2013
PerrinAyabara said:
I've tried every way I can to try to get into my application on line because my wife/sponsor needs her email address changed because she changed ISPs. I was able to get into it just fine a month ago with no trouble.

It appears the CIC is going through a website overhaul and maybe the application update/check application is broken? Is anyone else having this problem?

I tried to call CIC on the phone to take care of this issue but Ive tried three times now and all three times they disconnected me saying their call volume is too high. What do I have to do to get in contect with these useless idiots and make a simple change?
We sent them an email to ottpilot-immigration@cic.gc.ca to update our information. It took them a week to respond but they did say that our information had been updated. Make sure to provide them with the application number (Fxxxxxxxxx), the applicant's DOB, full name, and UCI if you have it (we did not have the UCI for the applicant at the time and it still worked). If they have send something they might re-send it to the new email address. Just make sure you also mention the date when you changed your email address and that you may have not received anything sent to it since then.