+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC sent PPR to a wrong email address..help

takoyakizoe

Aug 19, 2018
Hi

I submitted application on Sep 12, 2018, phone in on March 8th and was informed that my application was approved and an email for passport request was sent on feb 19, however SOMEHOW they have my email address on phone WRONG. So I asked the agent to delete the wrong email, and luckily they kept my old email as an alternative email on file. so the agent requested to have a PPR email resent to my alternative email.
But until now, I haven't received anything. I phone in two weeks ago and also raised a webform enquiry, was confirmed that application was approved, and resent of email has been requested.

even emailed Ottawa, no response. I tried to call CIC so many times today, can't even talk to an agent

Please share your experience and help!! my work permit is expiring in May, dont even know if I can still keep my job....

takoyakizoe

Aug 19, 2018
You got your email? I am in same situation
Yes! After I called them and waited for almost a month and called them again. The stupid thing is whenever you call the agent to send an inquiry for you, you need to wait for 30 days for another inquiry. Be patient! And keep bugging them

moeykang

Oct 24, 2018
Hello guys, I'm in the same situation. Any idea how much time it takes to get the PPR mail on correct email id?
My best advice is to wait... I was in the same situation with a PPR sent to the wrong email address on February 20. It was four months before I got the actual PPR. So... wait... The only other thing is to wait until six months is up... and then ask them to escalate it... :)

Joe b

Jun 11, 2019
Hey , i am in
Same situation, but I confirm with the agent on the same day when officer sent the ppr email on wrong email address . It was sent by officer yesterday on 22/july/2019 but i never got it and when I spoke to an agent she told me there was one letter difference in your email , it is not my mistake. So she delete the wrong email address from my application and she ask me to put a request through web form explaining the situation. And i did it on the same day but

I dont know how much time it will take to update correct email address on my application and to get new “ready for visa” email ?

If anyone had same experience just give me any kind of suggestions.
Thanks

moeykang

Oct 24, 2018
Hey , i am in
Same situation, but I confirm with the agent on the same day when officer sent the ppr email on wrong email address . It was sent by officer yesterday on 22/july/2019 but i never got it and when I spoke to an agent she told me there was one letter difference in your email , it is not my mistake. So she delete the wrong email address from my application and she ask me to put a request through web form explaining the situation. And i did it on the same day but

I dont know how much time it will take to update correct email address on my application and to get new “ready for visa” email ?

If anyone had same experience just give me any kind of suggestions.
Thanks
So my best advice is to wait... I was told that the PPR's are sent by automation. Once a PPR is sent, the replacement seems to be sent after at least a month has past. As you can see in my case, PPR was sent on 22/2 and then again on 9/4. After email correction, PPR was generated on 24/6. This seems to suggest roughly 45 days between the system generates a new PPR. Since the last PPR was generated on 22/7, in your case, my best bet is that the next PPR will be generated around the first week of September. I know it's hard to wait, but unless you have a dying need to get PPR, my best suggestion is to wait and let the system take care of itself. It is frustrating because it's not your own mistake, but until they let you in, they have all the leverage.

This is based on what I have been told and my observation. Take everything with a grain of salt.