Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Outlandish said:
You're right...I guess it just sucks that ours had to be one of them.

BTW I got a reply from my MP's office, and they were told that a second round of BGC was conducted about a month ago. Mind boggling! Does this mean they were just twiddling their thumbs up until a month ago when the last BGC expired and had to redo them as a result? :eek: :eek:
I've heard before that this can happen when they are waiting for something to do with the security screening. Just speculation though.

You could try sending a (polite) letter via case-specific enquiry explaining how long you've been waiting and how you don't understand why the security is taking so long when you (meaning him) have absolutely no criminal history or associations and that it's destroying your life (getting a bit dramatic never hurts).

Just be very polite, you don't want to piss them off and have them throw you into the interview queue.

Outlandish

Dec 31, 2011
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad/ New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-28-2012
AOR Received.
01-03-2013
File Transfer...
15-07-2013 IVO/ 06-03-2014 to NDVO
Med's Request
Remeds#1:24-06-2014 #2: 11-12-2015
Med's Done....
Initial:08-28-2012; #1:24-06-2014; #2: 12-12-2015
Interview........
Waived according to GCMS notes
Passport Req..
DM Jan 16, 2016 PPR Mar 08, 2016
LANDED..........
CANNOT WAIT!
Aquakitty said:
I've heard before that this can happen when they are waiting for something to do with the security screening. Just speculation though.

You could try sending a (polite) letter via case-specific enquiry explaining how long you've been waiting and how you don't understand why the security is taking so long when you (meaning him) have absolutely no criminal history or associations and that it's destroying your life (getting a bit dramatic never hurts).

Just be very polite, you don't want to piss them off and have them throw you into the interview queue.
I had sent in a case-specific inquiry about a month ago or so...then MP inquiries etc as well. I don't want to keep bothering them and like you said, have them throw us in the interview line. It's so tough deciding what the right thing to do is.

Anyway, my husband got a request to do his medical exam couple of days ago, so do you think it means the case is coming to a close? We had gotten a request for medicals in June 2014 as well...and then nothing happened until now; so I'm not too sure what to think now, don't wanna get too excited and then end up waiting even longer

BTW my take is this: since it only took about 2 weeks to finish up the security screening by CSIS last year, even if they did issue a new security screening beginning of November, it must've taken 2-3 weeks max. Now they didn't see any red flags in the screening so they decided to issue the medical request which will hopefully be followed by PPR. It's all speculation though....

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Outlandish said:
I had sent in a case-specific inquiry about a month ago or so...then MP inquiries etc as well. I don't want to keep bothering them and like you said, have them throw us in the interview line. It's so tough deciding what the right thing to do is.

Anyway, my husband got a request to do his medical exam couple of days ago, so do you think it means the case is coming to a close? We had gotten a request for medicals in June 2014 as well...and then nothing happened until now; so I'm not too sure what to think now, don't wanna get too excited and then end up waiting even longer

BTW my take is this: since it only took about 2 weeks to finish up the security screening by CSIS last year, even if they did issue a new security screening beginning of November, it must've taken 2-3 weeks max. Now they didn't see any red flags in the screening so they decided to issue the medical request which will hopefully be followed by PPR. It's all speculation though....
Well it's not always the case as you know but often when they request medical there is a DM soon after. It's definitely good news though, they must be looking at it at least! I don't think they send batch or auto emails for specific medical requests.

thasan

Jul 9, 2016

Hi outlandish, i was wondering (and sincerely hoping) that did you get your pr yet?

trvapplicant

Jul 6, 2017
Just an update, hopefully someone is able to answer me.

So I saw a lawyer who suggested I contact CSIS to see if they had received a request for screening for my husband. I got a reply from CSIS saying that they have concluded their screening in August 2014 and sent their info to CIC and mind you it only took them 2 weeks to complete their screening as per the letter.

2-0-14!!!! Are you serious??? So if security is done why have I not heard anything from CIC since?? Are there multiple screenings that are done or is CIC just taking their sweet time processing our case? I'm so darn frustrated right now. Any suggestions as to what to do next will be appreciated and just to note I am in contact with my local MP and apparently they'll get back to me in two weeks -_-
Hi Outlandish, could you tell me how you managed to contact CSIS ? Thanks!!