+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC requesting Police clerance certificate and medical again

im_anil

Apr 3, 2014
Hi All;

I had applied for Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications in July 2016 and have received a request for Medical and Police Clearance certificate.
I had submitted both with my initial application and this makes me confused on what to do ?
My submitted medical certificate is dated 26th April 2016 and Police clearance certificate dated 24th April 2016.
The Police Clearance request states that I a supposed to submit my request for the country i have spent most time after i turned 18
In my initial application i had submitted that only.
Do i need to re-do my medical and get a new Police Clearance certificate ?
Is there a way to contact CIC for this issue?

Thanks

viva-c

Star Member
Jan 6, 2016
Toronto, ON
Medicals are only good for 1 year, so if your medical was done in April of 2016, it will be expiring in April 2017 (this month). After you are approved and receive your COPR, the expiration date on that document (the date you must land by) is the date which your medical exam expires (or the date your passport expires, whichever comes first). So obviously they cannot proceed with your application if your medical will be expiring before your COPR is issued. I hope that makes sense.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
im_anil said:
Hi All;

I had applied for Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications in July 2016 and have received a request for Medical and Police Clearance certificate.
I had submitted both with my initial application and this makes me confused on what to do ?
My submitted medical certificate is dated 26th April 2016 and Police clearance certificate dated 24th April 2016.
The Police Clearance request states that I a supposed to submit my request for the country i have spent most time after i turned 18
In my initial application i had submitted that only.
Do i need to re-do my medical and get a new Police Clearance certificate ?
Is there a way to contact CIC for this issue?

Thanks
You cross-posted this in the inland 2016 thread as well. I have answered you there: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/spousal-sponsorship-inland-applications-2016-timeline-and-updates-t389295.0.html;msg5922835#msg5922835 .

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
viva-c said:
Medicals are only good for 1 year, so if your medical was done in April of 2016, it will be expiring in April 2017 (this month). After you are approved and receive your COPR, the expiration date on that document (the date you must land by) is the date which your medical exam expires (or the date your passport expires, whichever comes first). So obviously they cannot proceed with your application if your medical will be expiring before your COPR is issued. I hope that makes sense.
This is an inland application. The COPR is given at the landing interview....