+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC Requested for Criminal Record Check (RCMP) even for the stay less than six months stay in Canada

HoneymoonSG

Sep 15, 2018
yeah, I got an RCMP request around the end of April too. It was for me and my wife both. We are currently residing in Canada. I submitted them last week. It was a general request for RCMP check and they gave me a specific email address to email it to, and not upload it to my profile. Haven't even received an automated response regarding that email address acknowledging the receipt of my email.
Hey
Can you tell me the steps on where did you get the rcmp document ?

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Hey
Can you tell me the steps on where did you get the rcmp document ?
What is your location? I was in hamilton ontario.

Basically call the local police and ask if they do fingerprinting for RCMP. They most probably will do it and you can go to their office and get it done.

You will pay the fees there and they will handle everything. you will get the results in the mail.

HoneymoonSG

Sep 15, 2018
What is your location? I was in hamilton ontario.

Basically call the local police and ask if they do fingerprinting for RCMP. They most probably will do it and you can go to their office and get it done.

You will pay the fees there and they will handle everything. you will get the results in the mail.
Thank you for reply.
Can you please tell me the time it took from rcmp submission to ppr ?

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Thank you for reply.
Can you please tell me the time it took from rcmp submission to ppr ?
This is hard to gauge, i got my PR in May and at that time the processing times had begun to creep up. They are much higher now. The funny part is i got an update and request in my profile and i thought it was PPR. I quiickly opened it and turned out that it was RCMP request. Mega bummer :p

Anyhow, I got RCMP request on a Monday afternoon. I had everything done at hamilton police center and they dispatched it the next day.

By next Tuesday (8 days in total) I had received the results in my mail which I promptly sent to the email address they had asked me. Then I didn't hear anything back. So on Monday I sent them an email to check. Within a few hours I had a ghost update which i called to check the other day and found out application was approved. However there was no PPR.

I went to my local Hamilton MP's office and they first called the immigration minister to confirm that my profile had been approved on 14th May but they were waiting to send me an appointment for interview and it may take up to 8 weeks. Then the kind lady at my MP's office called up the hamilton CIC office to check with her contact there. That got me the PPR and i had a date of 27th to interview at the hamilton office.

But without the MP intervention i don't think it would have been soon.

Reactions: shaizeik

HoneymoonSG

Sep 15, 2018
This is hard to gauge, i got my PR in May and at that time the processing times had begun to creep up. They are much higher now. The funny part is i got an update and request in my profile and i thought it was PPR. I quiickly opened it and turned out that it was RCMP request. Mega bummer :p

Anyhow, I got RCMP request on a Monday afternoon. I had everything done at hamilton police center and they dispatched it the next day.

By next Tuesday (8 days in total) I had received the results in my mail which I promptly sent to the email address they had asked me. Then I didn't hear anything back. So on Monday I sent them an email to check. Within a few hours I had a ghost update which i called to check the other day and found out application was approved. However there was no PPR.

I went to my local Hamilton MP's office and they first called the immigration minister to confirm that my profile had been approved on 14th May but they were waiting to send me an appointment for interview and it may take up to 8 weeks. Then the kind lady at my MP's office called up the hamilton CIC office to check with her contact there. That got me the PPR and i had a date of 27th to interview at the hamilton office.

But without the MP intervention i don't think it would have been soon.

Thank you for info . Just to confirm all this was in 2019 ?

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Thank you .

I thought interview was optional. I submitted my rcmp and waiting for next steps. I don’t know how long it’s gonna take. I don’t know any MP in Brampton
just google it, and set up an appointment at your local federal MP's office and talk to them. The local MPs are supposed to help out and many do. I think its a great way to check applications and if possible expedite them.

selecao338

Jul 16, 2019
Thank you .

I thought interview was optional. I submitted my rcmp and waiting for next steps. I don’t know how long it’s gonna take. I don’t know any MP in Brampton
Can I ask how you get the RCMP in Brampton ? I just get the RCMP request from CIC today. Do I need to get the fingerprint first before going to the police station to do the criminal record checks ?
Thank you so much.

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Can I ask how you get the RCMP in Brampton ? I just get the RCMP request from CIC today. Do I need to get the fingerprint first before going to the police station to do the criminal record checks ?
Thank you so much.
Check your nearest police station. Call them and ask them the process. rcmp checks should happen somewhere in brampton or mississauga. Or worse cokescto worst you might have to go to Toronto. But the police department does everything including taking your fingerprints. Call them up to find out.

abdulghafoor

Feb 29, 2012
yeah, I got an RCMP request around the end of April too. It was for me and my wife both. We are currently residing in Canada. I submitted them last week. It was a general request for RCMP check and they gave me a specific email address to email it to, and not upload it to my profile. Haven't even received an automated response regarding that email address acknowledging the receipt of my email.
K

abdulghafoor

Feb 29, 2012
Kindly need advise we had a problem with uploading RCMP we couldn't upload to our online account so we send the by courier any one had same problem??

Thanks

Reactions: shalinder