+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC PR Thread [PNP -> Paper Based Application]

DPT

Sep 29, 2017
Hi All, this thread had been really quiet.

I have a few questions:
- Will CIC require proof of Funds at some point during application?
- Also, how long after AOR will they request medical?

Anyone has any updates on their application?

My Timeline:
-PR Paper application received by CIC: January 26, 2017
-Credit Card Charged: March 9, 2017
-AOR Received: March 14, 2017

I have linked my application number to my online account and no updates since then. Only says reviewing eligibility and processing background check.
Hey was wondering if CIC required proof of funds during the application?

AlexandraO

Jul 8, 2016
Yes apply for a new job, get an offer and then inform pnp and they will issue support letter and then apply for new work permit, did it 2 times before
I have open work permit. so, I don't need to change work permit. What I am worried very very much about is about provincial nomination to PR - that it was issued on basis of concrete job with all documents from the company that gave me job offer and work. Are you saying its not the case?? Province didn't ask you the same set of documents from new work place?
thank you very much

AlexandraO

Jul 8, 2016
It is a welcome email from cic which you get after aprox 6 months of your application receive date
Hi
I have similar timeline with you (AOR 21 of September 2017) but I have received NO messages from CIC yet:(((
Can you please advise what date you received this welcome email? You are AINP inland, correct? I am BCPNP inland.
thank you
regards

s2patel48

Star Member
Mar 5, 2017
Calgary
Category........
AINP
NOC Code......
B
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi
I have similar timeline with you (AOR 21 of September 2017) but I have received NO messages from CIC yet:(((
Can you please advise what date you received this welcome email? You are AINP inland, correct? I am BCPNP inland.
thank you
regards
I havnt received pre arrival email either .. so don’t worry.. we will get it in a week or so .. AOR sep 13th received pre-arrival couple days back.

Reactions: AlexandraO

singha5612

Feb 21, 2018
Calgary
Category........
PNP
I have open work permit. so, I don't need to change work permit. What I am worried very very much about is about provincial nomination to PR - that it was issued on basis of concrete job with all documents from the company that gave me job offer and work. Are you saying its not the case?? Province didn't ask you the same set of documents from new work place?
thank you very much
Your case is simple, if i was in your position i would have changed my job 10 times, theres no issue if you have open permit. Just inform pnp thats it

Reactions: AlexandraO

AlexandraO

Jul 8, 2016
Your case is simple, if i was in your position i would have changed my job 10 times, theres no issue if you have open permit. Just inform pnp thats it
wow! great news! thanks for letting know. I was sure I should be "slave" of one job before PR process finish as I read so many unlucky cases in this forum from people who lost their job in the middle of PR process. Now it looks for me - that we shouldn't be without job but we could change it along the way.
Interesting question now whether it is ok if its another NOC??:))

singha5612

Feb 21, 2018
Calgary
Category........
PNP
wow! great news! thanks for letting know. I was sure I should be "slave" of one job before PR process finish as I read so many unlucky cases in this forum from people who lost their job in the middle of PR process. Now it looks for me - that we shouldn't be without job but we could change it along the way.
Interesting question now whether it is ok if its another NOC??:))
Yeh it doesnt matter what noc as long as you inform pnp and keep them updated.

I changed my jobs on closed work permit too

Ann_7

Star Member
Feb 20, 2018
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi guys,'

Is it normal to see the background status in mycic as "we are processing your background check...." with AOR only on 15 February 2018?